Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 mustang, new battery. Tried to start car and it only clicked without turning over, turned the key back and tried it again this time there was no click, no power to the radio or lights or anything. When I get out and wiggle the wire close to the battery it repeats the exact same pattern, first turn of the key there is a click and the radio and clock have power until I hear the click every turn of the key after that... nothing! There is no corrosion on the battery. Is this a bad starter or wiring? And are there certain wires I should check? (No headlights either)

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can wiggle the wire at the battery, that's your problem.
The cables at the battery must be clean and tight or it doesn't work right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It seems like you might have a wiring problem. If you need diagrams, there are sites like http://wiring4cars.com that will give you the diagrams you need (or for the whole vehicle) if you want. I used them to get a few wiring diagrams for some of my customer cars, and it worked great every time, and it saved me a lot of frustration in narrowing down the right piece of wire to replace.

Follow me on Twitter if you like!
@ase_master327

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're lights/radio don't work (and you have a new battery), then its most likely bad wires coming off your battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts