Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which ones should i get to put on my NEW rebuilt engine? My shop said to get the felpro master kit b/c its better than Ford...but I heard the 99+ Head Gaskets are stronger than a mofo.

What is your input guys and gals? which to get

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you know felpro will be strong and dependable. thats what i would put in mine

the ford ones are good, but felpro is better IMO

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I heard the 99+ Head Gaskets are stronger than a mofo
You have a 95, so what the hell are you looking at 99+ for? Goofball.

I've always used Felpro. And I've always been happy with them.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
head gaskets are the same

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the 99+ and 94-98 are interchangeable you GOOFBALL, do some research :p its just that the 94-98 sucks my balls...the 99+ are super strong...ok Felpro is winning thus far! :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually The best Head gasket to use is the Supercoupe gasket that is what Mikael suggest especially with SC heads. I dont have the part number onhand but I will to retrieve it from my old mail!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Felpro Supercoupe, agreed, those are the best as far as what I always heard, be sure you get them in right though, I didn't the first time, one goes one way and the other goes the opposite way, lol. :oops:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm, never heard of getting them, but i think i will stick to the Felpro..i just need to know where to buy the "MASTER SET" for my 95 v6. I called Summit but they said they don't have a master set and I have to part it together = MORE $$

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Just go to the ford dealer I paid 130 for the lower gasket set, head set and the valve cover set. I bought the complete intakes set from Autozone and it was a felpro set. I would get the ford head set over the fel-pro set. If I had a GM I would use a Fel-pro but not on a Ford especially on a supercharged car. Oh and buy the way the Ford SC Head gaskets are the same on both sides same part #. But you cant put them on wrong they wont really fit

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
god damn it.... so many reviews. But i will say that most are telling me to get the Felpro ones as those ARE meant for performance. The STOCK ford ones aren't meant for supercharged applications, they are meant for STOCK engines...see what i mean? Felpro are made for more power *aftermarket*

Where can i get the Felpro Masterset for my 95 stang??? anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I am in Mobile man at My dads house and I drove the 626 down more room for the kids

Hey Erick the Supercoupe head gaskets are for a Supercoupe buddy. With the instant and constant pressure the roots style SC has on the Supercoupe motor I dont think you have anything to worry about with your Vortech.

But hey it is just my opinion :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i believe autozone carries felpro

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think you are right Monkey, I am sure that Advance Auto does.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i am rethinking this as many are telling me ford takes more of the abuse than does felpro. I know that the 99+ head gaskets are far superior than the felpros...but all ford or all felpro or a mixture???

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Ford Exhaust, head and lower engine gasket set and valve cover set

Felpro Intake and upper gasket set, Upper gasket set is all the intakes, EGR, TB,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts