Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side fender got hit while parked in a parking lot (hit and run) so now I have to replace it. Anybody know any good websites that sells "good" body parts (oem or aftermarket)? Does anyone know how to remove the front fender? Thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You have to take off the wheel well splash guard thing and take some bolts off from wheel well. Bolts under the hood, and then you have to open your door and get the bolts from there( I recommend you use a large extension and open up your door just slightly) it's tricky to put back on though because you have to align it right or else your door will hit agains the fender and damage it

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
^This

1999-04 Mustang RH Front Fender

Do be leary of some vendors or sellers on ebay and such...you might find a great deal but the quality could be complete crap. I've heard good things about Latemodel's resto parts. It will need to be painted.

You could get brave and try a fender off a wrecked car from MPS Auto Salvage or Prestige Mustang. Benefits would be that it's already painted and is "broke in". But sometimes this break in or flexation may not work out fitment wise.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
My guess is fiberglass weighs less, but is also less durable in an accident, and steel, they still make steel parts for cars?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
weight is the only difference i know of
No difference in quality? As in one breaks easier?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

My guess is fiberglass weighs less, but is also less durable in an accident, and steel, they still make steel parts for cars?
The one on MRBODYKIT says high quality steel?!?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I think steel will bend rather than break, but fiberglass I dont think will really bend. Here, I looked up a little (because i dont know a whole lot on the difference) but here's what this guy says

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I kept on thinking steel like the one they used on the classics lol my bad but yeah they make steel lighter now and it is stronger than the fiberglass, then again a little heavier. I guess it depends on you. I would do steel for everyday driving and fiberglass if you're into shaving weight.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think steel will bend rather than break, but fiberglass I dont think will really bend. Here, I looked up a little (because i dont know a whole lot on the difference) but here's what this guy says
Thank you for that info. I now have a better understanding of each. I think I'm going to stick with the steel for now. The install dosent seem hard at all, just the paint job. Will start asking around for quotes.

Thanks Everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts