Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a few engine questions for ya. I am looking at getting an upgraded cam for my 232 stang, any recommendations on which one? What kind of performance increases will I be seeing? Ontop of the cam, Im looking to get extensive porting and polishing of the heads, and get some gasket matching done. Maybe even a larger (60mm) TB and high pressure injectors. Id like to get the max hp out of my little 3.8 without having to strip it down and bore it out. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. By the way, I also have a Vortech V2 Supercharger kit on there already. The blower is still at the stock boost from out of the box.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:evil: As far as cams, I would recommend you visit a 3.8L performance website and get advice from the pros. (v6moranaracing.com, supersixmotorsports.com, etc.). As far as I know the Vortech is giving you a 65hp increase and I think 94s through 98s come with 160hp stock. That would put you at around 225hp without any other mods. Keep in mind that the more horsepower you add to your engine the more upgrades you'll have to do to your car such as chassis, suspension and driveline. Once you reach the 250hp mark your clutch or torque conv. will need to be upgraded and you will definitely need a stiffer susp. and strong bushings. Also tha cam that you choose for max. hp might give you rough idling conditons. If you use your car as an everyday driver things like that might get very uncomfortable and annoying.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
94-95 V6 145 BHP or 100 RWHP auto tranny or 110-115 5 speed
96-98 V6 150 BHP or 105 RWHP auto tranny or 115- 118 5 speed

We have are on resident pro Robert of RGR GreenMachine is a Mod here. He is one of the foremost Cam experts and designers around not to mention one of the best porter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im not worried about the rough idling, im familiar with that and it doesnt scare me. I actually think its cool depending on how it sounds...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I have a 216/225 RPM came. Which is by the way a RGR (Robert design). It provides a nice lopey slightly rough idle but when you open the throttle WEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!. It never fails at a red light peopel turn and look at my car confused. They see the 3.8 emblems (autobadges.com) and are puzzled because V6 cars are not suppose to vibrate there cars with the lopey sound waves bouncing off there cars.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Danger Dude said:
I have a 216/225 RPM came. Which is by the way a RGR (Robert design). It provides a nice lopey slightly rough idle but when you open the throttle WEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!. It never fails at a red light peopel turn and look at my car confused. They see the 3.8 emblems (autobadges.com) and are puzzled because V6 cars are not suppose to vibrate there cars with the lopey sound waves bouncing off there cars.
I dissagre I think they should haave the lope but they just didn't come right from the factory.

I'm installing my cam soon.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Of course everyone wants a little lope but the nobody puts lope in a V6. Jap V6's dont lope. They all purr except the Buick Grand National it had lope

·
Registered
113 Posts
Danger Dude said:
94-95 V6 145 BHP or 100 RWHP auto tranny or 110-115 5 speed
96-98 V6 150 BHP or 105 RWHP auto tranny or 115- 118 5 speed

We have are on resident pro Robert of RGR GreenMachine is a Mod here. He is one of the foremost Cam experts and designers around not to mention one of the best porter.
:evil: Holycrap! I had no idea that they came with such little hp. No wonder I'm always getting embarrassed by those awful looking imports! Except when we reach high speeds... they're too scared too go any faster.
By the way does green machine have a website?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Put a set of 4.10s or 3.73s and a tlock under that v6 and its the imports who will be embarassed, with the torque you have and that gearing you will smoke them off the line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts