Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll -

I'm deciding to screw messing with my CobraAutomotive '68 front end piece with my repro and original fenders. I'm also constructing a rotissiere for my mom's '66 coupe. Since the fenders are gone, hood, trunk, and front valance, I'm looking to just replace those pieces with STOCK-looking fiberglass. Of course, it will only be a summer/spring driver, as the same with my '68 coupe. Since the restoration of her '66 will be expensive anyhow, I'd like to put as many pieces of fiberglass I can, so they won't rust. I'm looking for '68 fenders, b/c the metal fenders I have now, suck and can't match well with my frontend. I've seen that www.up22.com has all the parts I'm looking for the '66 and they're MUCH cheaper, but I don't know of anyone that has bought from them and how the parts fit. So if someone(s) could help me out by finding a good place to buy the pieces I need, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Matt :good:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
so they won't rust.
Making fiberglass peice fit is like hell. They generally come warped and need to be sanded alot to make sure the resin is completely dry.

If you do the prep work right, and take care of the paint. It won't rust.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
yes fiberglass is pretty hard to work with, and body shops charge alot to do the work. i suggest getting metal pieces, like dom said if you prep the metal right it wont rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts