Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my front license plate bracket and have had painted bumper plugs in it but I'm growing old of the warts. I need some guidance on how to go about patching this for good. Also I'm looking to remove my decklid and patch the 4 bolt holes in my trunk. Any advice on that. Also does anyone know what material the front bumper is and what the trunk is made of.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Rosco said:
I removed my front license plate bracket and have had painted bumper plugs in it but I'm growing old of the warts. I need some guidance on how to go about patching this for good. Also I'm looking to remove my decklid and patch the 4 bolt holes in my trunk. Any advice on that. Also does anyone know what material the front bumper is and what the trunk is made of.
Deck lid, tack weld a piece of metal behind the holes and fill in with body filler

Front bumper idk really bondo is maybe to stiff for a plastic bumper?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
For the bumper iv seen people put a screen looking piece like the door and then use some sort of resign and that hardens pretty quick and the just sand it down and paint it

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deck lid, tack weld a piece of metal behind the holes and fill in with body filler

Front bumper idk really bondo is maybe to stiff for a plastic bumper?
I was wondering if that was the route to go with on the decklid. Least its straight forward.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

For the bumper iv seen people put a screen looking piece like the door and then use some sort of resign and that hardens pretty quick and the just sand it down and paint it
I've seen that too. It's a mesh you use to hold the 2 stage epoxy in place until hardened. Still wondering if anyone has experience doing this.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
15 cent nylon plugs from a hardware store...sand them flat (because usually they have a rounded head)...pre paint them to match...pop them in...it's how i plug things like the rear decklid when i feel like going badgeless..what's nice is i can pop them out when needed

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15 cent nylon plugs from a hardware store...sand them flat (because usually they have a rounded head)...pre paint them to match...pop them in...it's how i plug things like the rear decklid when i feel like going badgeless..what's nice is i can pop them out when needed
I already have those in. I want the actual flush and seamless look because there is always a lil wart with plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts