Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been using Motorcraft filters ( air and oil ) since its factory. There don't seem to be many options for the new 3.7 other then Fram oil and STP air filters. This is meant to be OEM filters thread, I want to avoid CAI since I'm of the camp that paper non-performance filters work best.

What do you use? Where do you buy?

No one around here other then the dealer carry the Motorcraft filters for our cars, not that they're over charging or anything...

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I buy only the Ford Motorcraft oil filters. They are rated at the top for oil filters by many test sites. I've been using them in my 2005 F150 (which now has over 90K), and in my 2011 Mustang which is at 39K.

I buy at the local Wally Mart.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I used motorcraft in my 99 mustang which I sold at 130k still pulling strong, father always used them in his f150 with close to 300k on original engine and trans...currently use MC on my 02..they are GREAT filters, cost a few singles at walmart, I'll always use motorcraft in any ford.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Amazon sells Motorcraft oil filters for $6.17 Prime(2 day Free shipping) and Air filters about $16.00 or $17.00.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, great to hear! I plan on keeping with the MC filters. Wally World here doesn't carry the fl500s oil filter for the 3.7. Anyone else use the Fram or STP?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
My autozone, Walmart, and advanced doesn't sell motorcraft air filters. I had to go with stp :/ the local ford dealer does but they sell 5 at a time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I tend to go with Motorcraft since all I have ever owned have been Fords. Usually just pick them up at Wally World if Amazon doesn't have them for cheaper.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I wouldn't use fram oil filters. They're the worst out there.
There are some that fall below Fram, but I agree with staying away from them; cheap cardboard inner construction.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My autozone, Walmart, and advanced doesn't sell motorcraft air filters. I had to go with stp :/ the local ford dealer does but they sell 5 at a time.
Five filters should last 150kmi! I've always changed them at 15kmi but these don't seem to be getting dirty enough until 25/30kmi.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I wouldn't use fram oil filters. They're the worst out there.
I'd agree the orange ones are really cheap, but the tough guard and up have worked well with my old explorer. The Fram held up better in my BMW then a Bosch, so IMO Bosch are junk!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Fram is one of the only filter companies that use cardboard in their filters.... Even brands you think are lower quality than Fram use steel inserts so why doesn't Fram? I use motorcraft and Mobil filters on my rides, never had a problem yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts