Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was due to the nature of the race DE. It was stop light to stop light, maybe hitting 50 each time, so he really didn't have much of a chance to take advantage of the technology and engineering in his engine.

I would expect that I would do pretty well against you in a similar setup. From a stop up to the speedlimit. What do you think?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99vert said:
I'm pretty sure it was due to the nature of the race DE. It was stop light to stop light, maybe hitting 50 each time, so he really didn't have much of a chance to take advantage of the technology and engineering in his engine.

I would expect that I would do pretty well against you in a similar setup. From a stop up to the speedlimit. What do you think?
You'd have me off the line... my launches suck! :(

Right on my 1-2 shift though, you're mine... :mrgreen:

My 2nd gear rocks!

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
So I could beat you through the intersection, then say the race was over!!!!

WooHoo..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I basically got the Type-R of the MX-6s... I still don't understand why they didn't bring the j-Spec ZE models (which I got the engine from) over to the US. The 03-Specs are just not fast enough to compete with the same class oponents like the GSR and the Type-r integras... KLZE MX-6 would have been a perfect match vs. a Type-R. There would have been 4 models of the MX-6s (like in Japan) instead of 2... talk about nice choices: a base 4banger with 118hp FS03 engine under the hood.. a class higher 4banger with 170hp FSZE (J-Spec) engine under the hood.. a V6 bottom line model with 167hp KL03 under the hood, and the top of the line J-Spec ZE with 200hp V6 KLZE engine. Or they could have skipped the KL03, if they needed to skip one.... not the KLZE

uhhhhh.. looking back over my post.. I bet you won't get a single thing I'm talking about... haha

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99vert said:
So I could beat you through the intersection, then say the race was over!!!!

WooHoo..
You might be able to pull this off:

cut right in front of me, and not let me pass.... that works like a miracle.. :twisted:

dirty, but works... :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Or I could launch when you're not looking.

And yes, I have no clue what you are talking about.

You actually did the engine swap, or did you acquire the vehicle with the new engine already?

Is it FWD?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99vert said:
Or I could launch when you're not looking.

And yes, I have no clue what you are talking about.

You actually did the engine swap, or did you acquire the vehicle with the new engine already?

Is it FWD?
Previous owner did the 90% of the work on this car..... well..... 99% .9...... heh

I got it washed though! Just the other day... Yes, I'm sad.. I know

It's a FWD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts