Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to an evo meet today and just going along a 3 lane road and I see one of those new Maserati Cambiocorsa ahead of me. I pull up at a stop light next to him and look over. He is just looking forward so I'm like eh, oh well. The light goes green and he takes off! I was like damn, so I floored it and showed him I would race. The next light I look over at him again, and he still won't look over so I figured he was just taking off kinda quick and settling in at 50mph or so. But this time I was ready in case.

I still don't launch my car because of the stock clutch being so weak, so I eased off the line and he took off again so we floored it. I stayed next to his front quarter panel the whole way up to about 80 or so when we needed to shut down cause of traffic ahead. If I would have launched then I know I would have had a nose on him the whole way because even up to 80mph, he was not pulling on me and I was every so slightly pulling on him. If I only had a better clutch.

Anyway, when we shut down, he was in the middle lane and cut to the left lane and just pulled into a neighbor hood. Don't know if he lived there, or if he was pissed that a 30k car that didnt launch stayed with his $90k 390bhp car.

:lol::lol: I love my little 4 banger.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
whoops thought this was a mitsu forum. im such a n00b.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, it was a pretty much a drag race ;)

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
oh well. and bout time you raced someone in that thing. when are you gonna post a slip? when you gonna get a new clutch that wouldve been the first thing i done performance wise to that car.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
replace the clutch dude :) screw the warranty lol

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Monkey said:
well, it was a pretty much a drag race ;)
the reason he moved it is cause "mustang evolution doesnt support street racing" :rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The warrenty is already probably gone on my car. The reason I havent changed the clutch yet is that it is expensive. The one I am going to get (after talking to people this week) is $500 plus $600 for install. I was going to go with one that was $1250 plus the 600 for install. Changing a clutch on an AWD car is a huge PITA. My factory clutch still holds great and I don't race enough to need a new clutch yet. That's why I didn't bother to get one until here soon.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
232stang said:
save some money, do the work youself. if you could get it on a lift
LOL it's not like a rwd tranny. People I know that have had DSMs all their lives still have problems changing these clutches. and it takes them 6hrs still. not a job for someone who has never done a clutch install before.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
yeah we did it on my freinds 1st gen, it took us a good 8 hours. i could do it in 6 if i had a lift and better tools. its a good learning experience, cause i learnt that paying a tranny place 300 bucks to install a 300 dollar clutch is alot better than 8 hours under a shitty ass 1st gen on jack stands with a tranny on your chest.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
yeah i was gonna do mine seeing how its alot sompler but i wanted the car done by the weekend so i could "drive" it cause i was working from 10 in the morning till about 7 or 8 wed-fri and i wanted it done right the first time also. plus i heard ACT made a batch of crap street discs and if you dont install them right they will fail due to incorrect installation. this way since a shop did it, they can front the bill for a new one should anything happen, but since the mechanic and i talked he knew his stuff so i dont think theres gonna be a problem. but its nice to have all my bases covered.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Monkey said:
LOL it's not like a rwd tranny. People I know that have had DSMs all their lives still have problems changing these clutches. and it takes them 6hrs still. not a job for someone who has never done a clutch install before.
i have worked on awd it takes time but it beats the hell out of paying for it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts