Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all this time I finally decided to do the Raise the gas pedal mod. It only took 10 minutes and I am amazed at how much better the pedal feels now and the ease of switching the foot from the gas to the brake. I have done so many mods to my car at sometimes great cost and to have this mod take 10 minutes and ZERO money makes me wonder why I did not get off my lazy ass and do this mod 2 years ago.

Parts needed

1 ea 1" phenolic stand off
1 ea hacksaw
1 ea small hose clamp
1 ea nut driver

Cost = I already had everything :D

I give this mod the official BROTHER COREY SEAL APPROVAL:good: :good:

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I also give this mod the offical 97Stallion seal of approval. I went and actually bought everything. I bought a 1" plastic spacer and a small hose clamp. Use my leatherman to cut the spacer and tada!!! Definately a more firmer pedal and throttle responsive engine. I give this mod 5 stars!!!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
what exactly do you do?... it just brings the pedal closer to you? I'm not understanding the concept here apparently. why would it make it more responsive? you didn't really change much.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pedal flops around loosely on the throttle cable. If you go inside your car and lift up on the gas pedal you will see how much slack is in the cable. By putting a 1" spacer at the end of the cable brings the pedal even with the brake, This mod is a most needed mod for people with 5 speeds and will help them improve there performance shifting and braking. I have an auto and I cannot tell you how many times I have hit the sid of the brake pedal sliding my foot over to the brake. Now that is effortless.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
is there a how to on this?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get under the dash, take a flashlight, look up where the gas pedal assembly attaches to the fire wall. while looking, raise the gas pedal you will see the slack in the cable. All you do is install a spacer between the end of the cable and the pedal arm. You have to look at it to understand what is going on!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
another reason for this mod is that with the slack in the cable it is likely that the pedal hits the floor before you achieve WOT. with the slack gone your pedal never hits the floor and you can achieve WOT.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Danger Dude said:
get under the dash, take a flashlight, look up where the gas pedal assembly attaches to the fire wall. while looking, raise the gas pedal you will see the slack in the cable. All you do is install a spacer between the end of the cable and the pedal arm. You have to look at it to understand what is going on!!!
ahh yes i understand now..

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was trying to think where I had seen that installation at. As a master mechanic I dont need no stinking "how to" instructions MUHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

J/K that is a decent picture though

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Danger Dude said:
I was trying to think where I had seen that installation at. As a master mechanic I dont need no stinking "how to" instructions MUHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

J/K that is a decent picture though
just trying to help people that ARENT super master mechanic people :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think I will do this mod sometime this weekend.Looks easy and actually has a huge benefit...WOT! Of subject, but Corey, I really like that photo of you car, it looks great and i love that color.

Ted

·
Registered
123 Posts
Corey, it is of subject, but do you find that everyone b*itch's about there auto? I love having an auto. I can launch better. It shifts plenty fine with transgo shift kit. I put a shift boot around the ugly shifter and put a new polished aluminum knob on there. It looks just like a manual, and is just a pleasure to drive. don't get me wrong, I love manuals, but I guess I am just an auto guy...... Could be worse!

Ted

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand some people's desire to have manual but after 25 years of manuals I am enjoying my auto especially since I installed a interceptor Tranny from PATC

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was wondering why/how you had an interceptor tranny but i guess i never wondered enough to post. How much is one of there 4R70W's? I have been wondering just because if and when i procharge, i kinda figure that the stock one might give me problems.

Ted

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is kinda on topic, kinda off.

I have slack in my clutch petal (2002 V6 Coupe). I have to press it about 1-1.5 inches before I feel anything, and it makes an annoying sound as it vibrates while I am driving.
I looked under the dash for the clutch quadrant (trying to follow instructions I got from 97Stallion) but I could not find it. Do I need to take any panels off or should I be able to see it just by looking up?

Help please.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
akira01 said:
This is kinda on topic, kinda off.

I have slack in my clutch petal (2002 V6 Coupe). I have to press it about 1-1.5 inches before I feel anything, and it makes an annoying sound as it vibrates while I am driving.
I looked under the dash for the clutch quadrant (trying to follow instructions I got from 97Stallion) but I could not find it. Do I need to take any panels off or should I be able to see it just by looking up?

Help please.

Jason
Hmm, well maybe this part might be important I guess. But you don't need to take any panels off. You have to get under the dash. Move your drivers seat all the way back and then you should be able get under the dash and be able to see it. The clutch pedal is on the left side and the quadrant is on the right side. If you get under the dash you can't really miss it when you press on it. I can take a pic in a few if you want.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts