Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to go with a full Mac exhaust. Longtube headers, pro chamber, and axle back. My only question is I'm going with an off road pro chamber, but I'm thinking of ordering slp highflow cats to go with the pro chamber, but would they take away from the sound?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hell yeah man, I definitely would like you to post a video of it when it's finished. But from a previous forum I was on, the catted prochamber hardly sounded different than the stock catted H and a lot of people weren't very happy with the quietness of it with the cats. I definitely would suggest getting the o/r version.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a way if I bought 2 pro chambers, to have one with a cat and one without and simply swap the 2 when I go for emissions? I'd hate to weld cats onto the long tubes. Could I have an exhaust shop cut part of the pro chamber and weld it onto that instead?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Is there a way if I bought 2 pro chambers, to have one with a cat and one without and simply swap the 2 when I go for emissions? I'd hate to weld cats onto the long tubes. Could I have an exhaust shop cut part of the pro chamber and weld it onto that instead?
Yes this could be done. An exhaust shop can pretty much do anything for you. And you don't weld cats onto the longtubes. They go on the midpipe which for you would be the pro chamber

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
A cool way I've seen it done is have the cats cutout and have a straight through pipe made up with clamps. Than you can just unclamp the straight pipe and clamp the pipe with the cat back on. Unless your like me and hate having "clamp on" exhaust... It does work tho if you need them for emissions.

·
Registered
913 Posts
A cool way I've seen it done is have the cats cutout and have a straight through pipe made up with clamps. Than you can just unclamp the straight pipe and clamp the pipe with the cat back on. Unless your like me and hate having "clamp on" exhaust... It does work tho if you need them for emissions.
Ya clamp on exhaust just isn't the same as a nice clean welded exhaust IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts