Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wanted to tune my car but i didnt feel comfortable with email tunes. In house dyno and tune is abit too pricy for my budget. Ive read about throttle controller/enhancer for 2 years now, most reviews were good but did saw couple with issues. I finally decided to pull the trigger on one mainly to get rid of the throttle delay. I went with C&L, unlike other brands price are alittle out of hand. I did see popular speedform throttle controller but it looks just like any other knockoff throttle controller on amazon for different brand of cars.

Lets just say the reviewers did not exaggerate. Throttle controller does more than just increase throttle input, it also get rids off majority of delays. I took it off after some drive around the town and the difference was night and day compared to no throttle controller. Some of you might ask why dont i just press down the gas pedal further to get the same effect and i have to disagree. Pressing the gas pedal regardless how far will still experience delays. Throttle controller really gets rid off that majority delay and makes the car really responsive. I dont recommend putting the setting on race, it makes the throttle way too sensitive. Slight feathering of the gas pedal jerks the car forward. I have the setting at sport which is H2, perfect for daily driving. Im so glad i pull the trigger on this, just wish sooner.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
892 Posts
Read the thread twice, trying to figure out what " delays " you were talking about, then I read you sig,....A6 !!

·
Administrator
657 Posts
I went with C&L, unlike other brands price are alittle out of hand.
I thought about getting one of those a few years back, but decided to take a pass. Glad it’s working out for you.

·
Administrator
657 Posts

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Cool, I was hoping the “shiny“ hadn’t wore off yet. I read years ago where someone had installed one of these even though the car already had PD supercharger. As I remember, that guy was very happy with the results also. I’d like to try one out for a few days myself. I don’t need the throttle ramp-up or anything, but I hate my off-idle to about 1500 rpm response. Having an M6, the response isn’t a BIG problem or anything, but if I could improve that single aspect, it’d be worth it to me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, I was hoping the “shiny“ hadn’t wore off yet. I read years ago where someone had installed one of these even though the car already had PD supercharger. As I remember, that guy was very happy with the results also. I’d like to try one out for a few days myself. I don’t need the throttle ramp-up or anything, but I hate my off-idle to about 1500 rpm response. Having an M6, the response isn’t a BIG problem or anything, but if I could improve that single aspect, it’d be worth it to me.
So far so good but ill definitely post something if anything comes up. Is your car not tuned?

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Yes, my car is Dyno-Tuned. It’s a built motor and pushing quite a lot of boost/power. It runs fine, and has a stock feel off idle. That’s not a bad thing, but I wouldn't mind if the Drive-by-wire, off idle response were a little tighter.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, my car is Dyno-Tuned. It’s a built motor and pushing quite a lot of boost/power. It runs fine, and has a stock feel off idle. That’s not a bad thing, but I wouldn't mind if the Drive-by-wire, off idle response were a little tighter.
Ah i see, i mean the C&L piece is only 138$ as of right now on AM. The price is not ridiculous like the others. I think its worth a shot.

Reactions: crjackson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts