Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wanted to tune my car but i didnt feel comfortable with email tunes. In house dyno and tune is abit too pricy for my budget. Ive read about throttle controller/enhancer for 2 years now, most reviews were good but did saw couple with issues. I finally decided to pull the trigger on one mainly to get rid of the throttle delay. I went with C&L, unlike other brands price are alittle out of hand. I did see popular speedform throttle controller but it looks just like any other knockoff throttle controller on amazon for different brand of cars.

Lets just say the reviewers did not exaggerate. Throttle controller does more than just increase throttle input, it also get rids off majority of delays. I took it off after some drive around the town and the difference was night and day compared to no throttle controller. Some of you might ask why dont i just press down the gas pedal further to get the same effect and i have to disagree. Pressing the gas pedal regardless how far will still experience delays. Throttle controller really gets rid off that majority delay and makes the car really responsive. I dont recommend putting the setting on race, it makes the throttle way too sensitive. Slight feathering of the gas pedal jerks the car forward. I have the setting at sport which is H2, perfect for daily driving. Im so glad i pull the trigger on this, just wish sooner.

·
Administrator
980 Posts
I went with C&L, unlike other brands price are alittle out of hand.
I thought about getting one of those a few years back, but decided to take a pass. Glad it’s working out for you.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Administrator
980 Posts
Cool, I was hoping the “shiny“ hadn’t wore off yet. I read years ago where someone had installed one of these even though the car already had PD supercharger. As I remember, that guy was very happy with the results also. I’d like to try one out for a few days myself. I don’t need the throttle ramp-up or anything, but I hate my off-idle to about 1500 rpm response. Having an M6, the response isn’t a BIG problem or anything, but if I could improve that single aspect, it’d be worth it to me.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, I was hoping the “shiny“ hadn’t wore off yet. I read years ago where someone had installed one of these even though the car already had PD supercharger. As I remember, that guy was very happy with the results also. I’d like to try one out for a few days myself. I don’t need the throttle ramp-up or anything, but I hate my off-idle to about 1500 rpm response. Having an M6, the response isn’t a BIG problem or anything, but if I could improve that single aspect, it’d be worth it to me.
So far so good but ill definitely post something if anything comes up. Is your car not tuned?

·
Administrator
980 Posts
Yes, my car is Dyno-Tuned. It’s a built motor and pushing quite a lot of boost/power. It runs fine, and has a stock feel off idle. That’s not a bad thing, but I wouldn't mind if the Drive-by-wire, off idle response were a little tighter.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, my car is Dyno-Tuned. It’s a built motor and pushing quite a lot of boost/power. It runs fine, and has a stock feel off idle. That’s not a bad thing, but I wouldn't mind if the Drive-by-wire, off idle response were a little tighter.
Ah i see, i mean the C&L piece is only 138$ as of right now on AM. The price is not ridiculous like the others. I think its worth a shot.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So last couple days i have experienced two malfunction during cold start up...... Car will start to rev as soon engine fires up and rpm will continue to climb unless i turn engine off. I have tried unplugging the battery to reset anything thats funky with the computer but no useless. Whats worst is trying to unplug this device, C&L throttle controller was stuck in pedal position sensor even with tab unlocked. I tried pulling, wiggling and finally used alittle more forced and pop out but also took a little piece of plastic on my position sensor thats locks it in place out.......Im am so pissed right now, now im looking at a new pedal...... Any idea if i can replace that sensor alone or i have to replace the whole thing? Part number?

·
Administrator
980 Posts
So last couple days i have experienced two malfunction during cold start up...... Car will start to rev as soon engine fires up and rpm will continue to climb unless i turn engine off. I have tried unplugging the battery to reset anything thats funky with the computer but no useless. Whats worst is trying to unplug this device, C&L throttle controller was stuck in pedal position sensor even with tab unlocked. I tried pulling, wiggling and finally used alittle more forced and pop out but also took a little piece of plastic on my position sensor thats locks it in place out.......Im am so pissed right now, now im looking at a new pedal...... Any idea if i can replace that sensor alone or i have to replace the whole thing? Part number?
Crap, that’s bad news. I’d call the Ford parts counter and see what the damage is. Then after you get the part number, you could try TASCA Ford online. They’re usually cheaper for genuine OEM parts. Just browsing online, it looks like you have to buy the pedal assembly.

TSCA showed one $97.78 but it’s for the 2010 and a few older models.

Reactions: winkawak

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crap, that’s bad news. I’d call the Ford parts counter and see what the damage is. Then after you get the part number, you could try TASCA Ford online. They’re usually cheaper for genuine OEM parts. Just browsing online, it looks like you have to buy the pedal assembly.

TSCA showed one $97.78 but it’s for the 2010 and a few older models.
Yea it seems like im going to need to get the pedal assembly...... will definitely call the parts department and get the part number and shop around abit for the best price. When the throttle enhancer was not malfunctioning man was it exciting to drive my car, feels like a new beast. I dont think i can live without one lol good news is SCT just drop a throttle controller of their own so i might give that a try but its 300$ but if it doest have a issue its worth it imo.

·
Administrator
980 Posts
Yea it seems like im going to need to get the pedal assembly...... will definitely call the parts department and get the part number and shop around abit for the best price. When the throttle enhancer was not malfunctioning man was it exciting to drive my car, feels like a new beast. I dont think i can live without one lol good news is SCT just drop a throttle controller of their own so i might give that a try but its 300$ but if it doest have a issue its worth it imo.
Honestly, it’s not the first time I’ve heard of these things failing in a similar fashion. It is the first time I’ve heard of the Pedal Position thingy getting screwed up though.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Administrator
980 Posts
Okay, so Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday have all passed now. Did you resolve this issue? If not, what’s the current status?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday have all passed now. Did you resolve this issue? If not, what’s the current status?
Oh my bad, i just ordered one last night after calling Ford dealership parts department. I went with Aluminum pedal (part # BR3Z9G757C) ($100) over the standard pedal pad (part # 9F836) ($86.38). Heres alittle tip for buyers ordering any parts on Fordparts, on their home page click on their 20$ off promo and signup for an account. I end up spending 86$ tax included but the part currently has a wait period up to 15 days.

·
Administrator
980 Posts
Oh my bad, i just ordered one last night after calling Ford dealership parts department. I went with Aluminum pedal (part # BR3Z9G757C) ($100) over the standard pedal pad (part # 9F836) ($86.38). Heres alittle tip for buyers ordering any parts on Fordparts, on their home page click on their 20$ off promo and signup for an account. I end up spending 86$ tax included but the part currently has a wait period up to 15 days.
Good tip, glad it didn’t turnout to be really expensive. Now what are you going to do about the C&L signal amplifier? I imagine it has some sort of warranty.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good tip, glad it didn’t turnout to be really expensive. Now what are you going to do about the C&L signal amplifier? I imagine it has some sort of warranty.
I return it today, should be getting my refund from AM. I ordered the SCT burst.......... lets see if im that unlucky.

·
Administrator
980 Posts
Hopefully this one will do what you want, and last.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully this one will do what you want, and last.
I might consider a tune after if it doesnt work out. Im not so confident in email tunes though, seems dangerous as there so many variables for adjustment and the guy/gal doing it could fat finger a number or depending on their workload for the day they might make a mistake somewhere. Maybe im overthinking it but a small mistake that might not have symptoms during use might cause wear and tear damage down the road.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts