Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
818 Posts
I might consider a tune after if it doesnt work out. Im not so confident in email tunes though, seems dangerous as there so many variables for adjustment and the guy/gal doing it could fat finger a number or depending on their workload for the day they might make a mistake somewhere. Maybe im overthinking it but a small mistake that might not have symptoms during use might cause wear and tear damage down the road.
You’re stock, so as long as you pick a well respected tune provider (i.e. not BAMA), you should be okay.
Have a look at this thread: Who Tuned Your Mustang
I’d like to give AED and Decipha a try, but it’s way too expensive to “Test Drive” several tunes once you’re on a boosted setup.

Reactions: winkawak

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You’re stock, so as long as you pick a well respected tune provider (i.e. not BAMA), you should be okay.
Have a look at this thread: Who Tuned Your Mustang
I’d like to give AED and Decipha a try, but it’s way too expensive to “Test Drive” several tunes once going with a boosted setup.
Always wanted a tune but couldnt afford a dyno tune. Few years ago i was very close to gettting a vmp tune. I can finally do burnouts if i get a tune lol, that stock tune has a rpm limiter….

·
Administrator
818 Posts
Always wanted a tune but couldnt afford a dyno tune. Few years ago i was very close to gettting a vmp tune. I can finally do burnouts if i get a tune lol, that stock tune has a rpm limiter….
You should be able to do burnouts with a stock tune, depending on tires. In a hot climate with good summer tires, you are likely able to launch fast as opposed to spinning. That’s a good thing. If you just want to do burnouts, put cheap tires on the rear, turn-off Advancetrac and let her rip.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You should be able to do burnouts with a stock tune, depending on tires. In a hot climate with good summer tires, you are likely able to launch fast as opposed to spinning. That’s a good thing. If you just want to do burnouts, put cheap tires on the rear, turn-off Advancetrac and let her rip.
With stock rpm wont rev past 2k on automatics on stock tune.

·
Administrator
818 Posts
With stock rpm wont rev past 2k on automatics on stock tune.
I think you’re bumping up against the torque converter stall-speed, not the RPM limiter. If you’re driving on the highway, and floor it, it will gear down and wind way past 2k RPM’s, will it not?

If you’re talking about trying to power-brake and hitting the wall at low RPM that’s your converter’s stall-speed.

Also, you need to turn-off your Advancetrac 1st.

Anyway, with low stall-speed, sticky summer tires and warm weather, you shouldn‘t really be spinning. I doubt a tune would make much difference in this case.

Heck, I wish I had that kind of traction on my car. Never gonna happen for me…

Reactions: winkawak

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think you’re bumping up against the torque converter stall-speed, not the RPM limiter. If you’re driving on the highway, and floor it, it will gear down and wind way past 2k RPM’s, will it not?

If you’re talking about trying to power-brake and hitting the wall at low RPM that’s your converter’s stall-speed.

Also, you need to turn-off your Advancetrac 1st.

Anyway, with low stall-speed, sticky summer tires and warm weather, you shouldn‘t really be spinning. I doubt a tune would make much difference in this case.

Heck, I wish I had that kind of traction on my car. Never gonna happen for me…
Yea i think it is the torque limiter. From what i searched it seems tune will able to fix at least from users reporting back on forums.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
31 Posts
Always wanted to tune my car but i didnt feel comfortable with email tunes. In house dyno and tune is abit too pricy for my budget. Ive read about throttle controller/enhancer for 2 years now, most reviews were good but did saw couple with issues. I finally decided to pull the trigger on one mainly to get rid of the throttle delay.
Throttle controllers don't do anything other than removing the factory delays built into the thrill management system. Yes it makes you feel good, but not much else.

You can fix the delay issue, and really help your performance by changing to a BBK 85mm throttle body. Yes, it's a lot more expensive, but if you start doing mods or a decent tune, you will be hurting yourself with the factory TB. It's also not so big that you can't use it with the engine completely stock.

So at some point you are going to have to ask yourself, what are your intentions for future mods, and what you want the car to do. If you are going to do mods, you have got to make those mods work together. By doing your homework on what you want to accomplish (mods), then research what parts will accomplish that, you will save a LOT of money.

I've seen some guys that threw a lot of money at parts, with no real direction at where they wanted the car to go. Everybody that's selling parts will tell you "Hey, this part will make BIG power. No one thing or two will do that. A supercharger or turbo will make great big power upgrades, but only if they are mated with parts that enhance it.

Sometimes the hardest part of modding a car is simply trying to figure out what you really want the car to be when finished. I know that this is a long answer, and I'm not trying to knock what you are doing. I'm trying to help you save time, money, and frustration.

Think of it this way. If you were going to drive from Paris France to Frankfurt Germany, would you leave Paris without a map or GPS? Of course not. It's no different when you're modding your Mustang. You need a plan before you start. I've modded many Mustangs, and it's a lot of fun. But you will find it's not nearly as much fun if you don't get the results that you were after, and spent a bunch of money doing.

·
Administrator
818 Posts
Oh my bad, i just ordered one last night after calling Ford dealership parts department. I went with Aluminum pedal (part # BR3Z9G757C) ($100) over the standard pedal pad (part # 9F836) ($86.38). Heres alittle tip for buyers ordering any parts on Fordparts, on their home page click on their 20$ off promo and signup for an account. I end up spending 86$ tax included but the part currently has a wait period up to 15 days.
Okay Wink, it’s been 18 days now. What’s the status on this? When you get that beast fixed, drive on over to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. I live only about 12 - 15 miles from there. I’ll meet with you, and show you how to make that thing do proper burnouts 🔥

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
21 - 28 of 28 Posts