Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to the track finally and I wasnt to happy with my times it went 14.0 @98.9 1.9 60ft I told to a couple friends and they said that doesn't seem right know it an auto but I expected better then that

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was the mods again, I think you had some heads and a cam huh?
My mods are listed in my signature but I have gt40x heads e cam 4.10s built aod 30lb injectors 76mm maf 4.10 gears full exhaust

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It to me like you just need some practice, those times dont sound right for those mods
I have bin to the track many times I am leaving at 3,000rpms hooking

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you manually shifting or are you just leaving it in drive or OD?
@dreamstang i was using brand new et streets
@90mustanglx i was manually shifting what rpms u think i can bring it to

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Are you doing the trick with the aod where you go from 1st to drive(let it shift to 2nd) then pull it back down to first(you will still be in second and can build your rpms) then when your ready to shift to third throw it back up into drive? Remember tho, you lose time even if your on the redline and almost to the end of the track by shifting it, best to keep it in the gear until you roll past the beams then shift it up.( dunno how fast it builds rpms tho since I have yet to install my 4.10s)
EDIT:eek:h and hes about right, I have a stock cam in my car but past 5500 it just feels like it's falling on it's nose so I try to shift it under 5500, plus it makes my engine sound like it's about as tight as it wants to go for the time being heh.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you doing the trick with the aod where you go from 1st to drive(let it shift to 2nd) then pull it back down to first(you will still be in second and can build your rpms) then when your ready to shift to third throw it back up into drive? Remember tho, you lose time even if your on the redline and almost to the end of the track by shifting it, best to keep it in the gear until you roll past the beams then shift it up.( dunno how fast it builds rpms tho since I have yet to install my 4.10s)
EDIT:eek:h and hes about right, I have a stock cam in my car but past 5500 it just feels like it's falling on it's nose so I try to shift it under 5500, plus it makes my engine sound like it's about as tight as it wants to go for the time being heh.
yea i did the aod trick and i was shifting around 5300

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I think it's time to go with a t-5 swap for next season I talk to a couple people with my set up and a 5 speed and he went high 12's so I will start to save and pick up everything bit by bit

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
04machazblue said:
Well I think it's time to go with a t-5 swap for next season I talk to a couple people with my set up and a 5 speed and he went high 12's so I will start to save and pick up everything bit by bit
What stall do you have?you should be able to launch hard and drop your 60' time with the right stall.its debatable but if you plan in going real fast like low 12s or better,you are probably gonna be better with the auto.if not yeah I agree put the t5 in there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What stall do you have?you should be able to launch hard and drop your 60' time with the right stall.its debatable but if you plan in going real fast like low 12s or better,you are probably gonna be better with the auto.if not yeah I agree put the t5 in there.
I have a 3,000 stall converter

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
I'm running a bigger intake, cai, bbk shorties, h pipe and flows, gt40p heads, stock cam, stock injectors, slipping aod with a shift kit. I was running 15.1 at 94-96 mph manually shifting mine. 60ft was 2 something if I'm remembering right but was told by a guy that races all the time that putting in 4.10s and a 2500 stall would knock off about a second and a half from the time(wether he's right idk). With your setup I would think you would be at least in the mid to low 13s.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm running a bigger intake, cai, bbk shorties, h pipe and flows, gt40p heads, stock cam, stock injectors, slipping aod with a shift kit. I was running 15.1 at 94-96 mph manually shifting mine. 60ft was 2 something if I'm remembering right but was told by a guy that races all the time that putting in 4.10s and a 2500 stall would knock off about a second and a half from the time(wether he's right idk). With your setup I would think you would be at least in the mid to low 13s.
Yea I thought I would be in the 13's I did have a sct chip that was dyno tuned. Don't know numbers and the chip on me I had to take it out. But I am considering a t5 swap soon i miss driving sticking down shifting and hammering the gas. Everyone I talk to said they had a huge performance gain when they went 5 speed

1 - 20 of 56 Posts