Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of searching the internet and various dealerships I found the perfect car for me to trade my 2010 V6 in for...
I am happy to announce that I am now the owner of a 2014 Deep Impact Blue 3.7:thumb:

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That would have been another one of my top picks when I was shopping for my Mustang. Did it come with any packages or anything?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No packages... But it does have everything I wanted plus a little. It is a manual with the sync system, but also has a few other goodies like the backup sensors and fog lights. Which is always a plus!

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
No packages... But it does have everything I wanted plus a little. It is a manual with the sync system, but also has a few other goodies like the backup sensors and fog lights. Which is always a plus!
Honestly, that is all you need if you plan on doing stuff with the car. I had the performance package on mine and already got rid of the 3.31s and the wheels it had. So it was almost pointless.

MS Sync, Fogs, and power driver seat and you are good to go. The sky is the limit from here. :thumb:

Update - Your car has the FP6 appearance package or w/e it is called. Which gives 18" Black wheels, spoiler, and window louvers.

So it looks like you do have that package and the Tech package which houses the Sync, fog lights, etc. As well as backup sensors. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, that is all you need if you plan on doing stuff with the car. I had the performance package on mine and already got rid of the 3.31s and the wheels it had. So it was almost pointless.

MS Sync, Fogs, and power driver seat and you are good to go. The sky is the limit from here. :thumb:

Update - Your car has the FP6 appearance package or w/e it is called. Which gives 18" Black wheels, spoiler, and window louvers.

So it looks like you do have that package and the Tech package which houses the Sync, fog lights, etc. As well as backup sensors. :)
Alright awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the package. I wasn't sure on all the ones ford made with this car.

But yes I do plan on doing a lot to the car and wasn't looking for much else. I would have liked to already have the upgraded gears with the PP but that can always be added later down the road. :thumb:

I will say this going from the 2010 4.0 to the 3.7 is night and day. The car drives so much better and the 100 HP difference is felt everywhere. Very happy with my purchase

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Alright awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the package. I wasn't sure on all the ones ford made with this car.

But yes I do plan on doing a lot to the car and wasn't looking for much else. I would have liked to already have the upgraded gears with the PP but that can always be added later down the road. :thumb:

I will say this going from the 2010 4.0 to the 3.7 is night and day. The car drives so much better and the 100 HP difference is felt everywhere. Very happy with my purchase

I can definitely agree. I upgraded from an 08 4.0 to the cyclone. The old 4.0's lack of power made the car feel like a boat. It just wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The Performance Package would have given 3.31 gears. However, most people with Manuals go for 3.55s anyway. Plus it will be better for you going from 2.73 gears to 3.55 because you will actually feel the difference.

I went from 3.31s to 3.73s on my auto and the difference wasn't as much as I thought it would be. On an Auto, 4.10s probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can definitely agree. I upgraded from an 08 V6 to the cyclone. The old 4.0's lack of power made the car feel like a boat. It just wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The Performance Package would have given 3.31 gears. However, most people with Manuals go for 3.55s anyway. Plus it will be better for you going from 2.73 gears to 3.55 because you will actually feel the difference.

I went from 3.31s to 3.73s on my auto and the difference wasn't as much as I thought it would be. On an Auto, 4.10s probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
How are the 3.73s? Those would be the gears I think I would most likely go with as of right now. 4.10s seem a little extreme to me, but I do know that is a lot more common with the autos from what I have read.

The 4.0 was a good starter mustang for me however. I learned quite a bit from just doing basic stuff to it and just enjoyed messing around, but like you said they just don't have it in them to get around like the new 3.7.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
3.73 is the moderate gearing for Autos with 4.10s being the extreme/drag strip gearing.

For manuals, remember - you are doing the shifting. So mod as comfortable you are when it comes to how often you want to shift to a different gear. 3.55s seem to be the norm/comfort zone for the manuals. I knew a guy that bought a pre-owned 3.7 w/ 4.10s and manual transmission. He said it was a nightmare as far as daily driving and paid to get it brought down to 3.73s.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
After a few months of searching the internet and various dealerships I found the perfect car for me to trade my 2010 V6 in for...
I am happy to announce that I am now the owner of a 2014 Deep Impact Blue 3.7:thumb:
Welcome to the 14 DIB club!!! It's one helluva nice looking Pony :thumb::cool:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
3.73 is the moderate gearing for Autos with 4.10s being the extreme/drag strip gearing.

For manuals, remember - you are doing the shifting. So mod as comfortable you are when it comes to how often you want to shift to a different gear. 3.55s seem to be the norm/comfort zone for the manuals. I knew a guy that bought a pre-owned 3.7 w/ 4.10s and manual transmission. He said it was a nightmare as far as daily driving and paid to get it brought down to 3.73s.
I'd say that 3.31s are "moderate", unless the definition has changed. lol

3.73 is aggressive and 4.10s are overkill IMO. I would like 3.73s some day. :D

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Yea maybe 3.55s would be moderate. 3.31s on the Auto are a joke imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yea maybe 3.55s would be moderate. 3.31s on the Auto are a joke imo.

"Moderate" to me means "nothing too much"... So I would def classify 3.31 as moderate. I wouldn't want more than 3.73s for sure.

I'd argue more that the auto tranny in general is a joke for being in a sports car. It's the least responsive auto I have ever owned and very frustrating at times.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Wonder how long ford plans to stick with these transmissions...

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
"Moderate" to me means "nothing too much"... So I would def classify 3.31 as moderate. I wouldn't want more than 3.73s for sure.

I'd argue more that the auto tranny in general is a joke for being in a sports car. It's the least responsive auto I have ever owned and very frustrating at times.
I loved my auto in my 88 5oh tbird, it was very tight and completely stock.
The auto 3.7 I took out a few times was enough for make me choose my very first stick lol.
I have to completely agree with you, not sure what the hell Ford was/is thinking. It's fine for just normal driving but yuck when driven hard.

Sent from the future.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Wonder how long ford plans to stick with these transmissions...

Is it the same one as the new sixers have?

There are times where I floor it and it takes a good couple seconds before it figures out which gear it wants. Freaking annoying.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. And as a V6 automatic owner, I have no problem with the transmission in my 14. Shifts very smoothly running it up😀

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Congrats! I absolutely love that color, great choice!

Sent from the future.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I loved my auto in my 88 5oh tbird, it was very tight and completely stock.
The auto 3.7 I took out a few times was enough for make me choose my very first stick lol.
I have to completely agree with you, not sure what the hell Ford was/is thinking. It's fine for just normal driving but yuck when driven hard.

Sent from the future.
EXACTLY. And how many people buy a stang to drive conservative. Big fail on that one bu Ford, but I guess that's what I get for not buying a stick.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Is it the same one as the new sixers have?

There are times where I floor it and it takes a good couple seconds before it figures out which gear it wants. Freaking annoying.
Yep, it felt clumsy or drunk lol.
And yep same on the new ones.

Sent from the future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts