Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Put 285/35/19 on the back and 245/40/19 on the front. Hankooks V12.Its raining but drove and feels really good. Be glad for a ride in dry streets 2moro.
Ordered Saleen Grill,JLT catch can, and whats suppose to be some great LCA's.Went ahead an spent the extra and got BMR's TCA-020.They use these on their Track car and highly recommended if any performance driving or Racing is gonna be done.Spoke to Kelly at length about them.They are solid Teflon lined,XR rod ends by QA1.I know you guys are gonna probably tell me I am in for a shock at how it will change the ride quality especially with basically no Bushing,but I am gonna try it.I am mostly the only one in the car and for sure the only one driving it so I will give them a try.If anybody has this exact same LCA please let me know what you exp. in change.Pretty sure I know but comes with wanting to play.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the saleen grill installed.Will post some pics later.It was a little pain but nothing that can not be handled.The 2 tabs on each end of the grill is the most little problem.It's tight area around the headlight to work but just un-do the screw up top by it and pull that out some and can work from there.Taking old one out is not much trouble once you get one end loose.Again the ends of the grill is your only tight spot.I will tell you this if you have radiator cover you have to modify the underside for it to sit flush but looks perfect after that.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Couple pics of it...

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Working on it..LOL...Probably be right before or after christmas.I am trying to find out what Fastlane charges for custom dyno tunes?? Would put boss and CAI on myself and take it over to them.

·
Registered
702 Posts
back n a stang said:
Working on it..LOL...Probably be right before or after christmas.I am trying to find out what Fastlane charges for custom dyno tunes?? Would put boss and CAI on myself and take it over to them.
I agree do the install ur self and just get them to do the CDT!:)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The boss install is really easy. You could probably do it in their parking lot lol!
Thought about that too.Would for sure if I had already done one.I am wondering if I do the Boss and drive there without boss tune how bad it would be on car.I imagine for sure a code but they can clear that.I will ask them when I call Monday.

·
Registered
702 Posts
back n a stang said:
Thought about that too.Would for sure if I had already done one.I am wondering if I do the Boss and drive there without boss tune how bad it would be on car.I imagine for sure a code but they can clear that.I will ask them when I call Monday.
Do u have a CAI already with tune??? If so driving the car with the boss mani won't hurt it will just run sluggish(with canned tune). But if u don't have CAI with tune and plan on installing that with the boss mani I don't believe the car will run. I think this is do to the change in the size of the mass air flow sensor the computer can't adjust the A/F properly(on stock tune).

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I think I will just order the SCT bama tune monday from AM.This way I can just do like whats been said.....Keep getting updates with my bolt on's as I go.Then when the day comes to do FI I will go to them.I have tune now that was done at a shop but the tune is for stock air box and exhaust. Big question is.. when I order SCT will it pull that file in or have trouble with it since it's not stock file??

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 51 Posts