Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to make some appearance mods and make it look better.

First up was the stock spoiler or as I have been calling it speed bump because it isn't much really.

Before:

IMG_3268-web.jpg
IMG_3269-web.jpg
IMG_3270-web.jpg

After:

IMG_3271-web.jpg
IMG_3272-web.jpg
IMG_3273-web.jpg

Much better.. Also why I was there I threw in the AM 3rd Brake Light Pulsar to help the hmm "winter" visitors see me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
556 Posts
I thought it was the gt500 spoiler idk why it looked a little different to me for some reason. Looks good though man. I'll eventually be getting one myself.. except I have to drill my own holes (which scares the crap outta me). Mine didn't come with a factory spoiler.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's nice yo

Thanks appreciate it. I had a chance to put in some HIDs in place of the stock halogen fog lights and they look good also; hated the yellow look next to the headlights. I'll post some pics when I get home.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next thing on my list was to upgrade the factory halogen fogs to HIDs, the yellowish ting from the fog lights next to the HID headlamps bugged me. So got a 35 watt HID kit from DDM tuning and upgraded them.

Before:

IMG_0780-web.jpg

After:

IMG_0779-web.jpg

Side by side:

IMG_0778-web.jpg

With headlight on for comparison:

IMG_0782-web.jpg

Like it much better than the standard and tend to use the parking light with fog lights on as I drive around to make it easier to be seen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vinyl Graphics

Ok didnt like the stock graphics and have always like the combo from the 69 Camaro Pace car (White / Orange combo), one problem (dont like Chevy's anymore...:lol:)

So here is the before :

IMG_3274-web.jpg
IMG_3275-web.jpg
IMG_3276-web.jpg
IMG_3277-web.jpg

After:

IMG_3278-web.jpg
IMG_3279-web.jpg
IMG_3281-web.jpg
IMG_3282-web.jpg

Looks much better...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks very nice. I just ordered the gt500 spoiler in black, Did you install it yourself? You had the same OE spoiler that i have so i know no drilling is required.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Ok didnt like the stock graphics and have always like the combo from the 69 Camaro Pace car (White / Orange combo), one problem (dont like Chevy's anymore...:lol:)

Looks much better...
Very nice. I just added stripes to mine as well, just different colors. Glad you kept your spoiler white.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I thought it was the gt500 spoiler idk why it looked a little different to me for some reason. Looks good though man. I'll eventually be getting one myself.. except I have to drill my own holes (which scares the crap outta me). Mine didn't come with a factory spoiler.
Mikey, if I may make a suggestion. Advertise for someone with a same-colored car and a spoiler who wants a spoiler delete. Trade trunk lids with them and then you will have the factory-drilled holes. I did something similar and it worked out great. There are always people on here who complain that they wish they would have done a spoiler delete. Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks very nice. I just ordered the gt500 spoiler in black, Did you install it yourself? You had the same OE spoiler that i have so i know no drilling is required.

Yeah I didn't have to drill but to center the spoiler from side to side one hole (passenger side) didn't line up and had to Dremel the factory hole about an 1/8th of an inch.

It's a pretty easy install I did the fishing line trick to cut the factory tape and used two people one to hold up far end of wing while I fished the line under the outside bolts to get to the tape closer to the center. Then used finger to roll up the remaining rape and goof off to remove the residue.

As you go to install the new wing make sure you have the deck lid mostly closed so if you drop a bolt it drops into the trunk not down the little channels that are a pain to get them out. Yep talking from experience on that on lol

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice. I just added stripes to mine as well, just different colors. Glad you kept your spoiler white.

Thanks ya I'm not a fan of different colored spoilers unless it's a Mach 1, something about the 70s Mach one that was nice

·
Registered
206 Posts
After hearing that I might just have a local body shop install it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

That always works also think mine quoted me like 100 bucks for it which isn't bad for not having the trouble but I like to try and do as much as I can myself.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
As you go to install the new wing make sure you have the deck lid mostly closed so if you drop a bolt it drops into the trunk not down the little channels that are a pain to get them out. Yep talking from experience on that on lol

Hope that helps.
I went through that same pain which forced me to go an buy new screws. I went ahead and bought hex-heads instead of phillips. I left the plastic caps off and six months later the extra screw finally dropped out when I opened my trunk one day. I now reinstalled the caps and all is well. LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ohh forgot added this to pull the color scheme into the interior

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1400860646.214118.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1400860672.122526.jpg

Feels a lot better than the factory handle to me, as it's a little larger.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Save the money, it's really easy if you don't have to drill. I used a wooden kitchen spatula to pry off the old one. No scratches. Getting the old tape off takes the longest. After that it's a piece of cake.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Save the money, it's really easy if you don't have to drill. I used a wooden kitchen spatula to pry off the old one. No scratches. Getting the old tape off takes the longest. After that it's a piece of cake.

I just called this place and he quoted me 50-60 bucks. So will see....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts