1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks good, any NVH?

·
Registered
36 Posts
How did the boot retainer thread on? Was it very easy, or did it go on very tight? Reason i ask is because i have a drakes boot retainer and shelby shift know i tried installing last night but when i tried to screw the boot retainer on the shifter itself it only caught like 2 threads and then would stop. Any ideas?

·
Registered
598 Posts
What boot retainer is that? I got the one from Epco when I bought the knob from them & mine looks different--smooth curve from the shaft to the base & no separate nut. In my case it threaded on easily & left plenty for the knob to grab.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did the boot retainer thread on? Was it very easy, or did it go on very tight? Reason i ask is because i have a drakes boot retainer and shelby shift know i tried installing last night but when i tried to screw the boot retainer on the shifter itself it only caught like 2 threads and then would stop. Any ideas?
It threaded on easily with no problems.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

What boot retainer is that? I got the one from Epco when I bought the knob from them & mine looks different--smooth curve from the shaft to the base & no separate nut. In my case it threaded on easily & left plenty for the knob to grab.
I already had this boot retainer from CJ Pony. I had originally ordered my knob with them but I got tired of waiting and cancelled my order and went with the one from EPCO. I'm going to look into a different one to see about getting rid of the separate nut.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My wife got a billet Shift Knob through UPR and it doesn't fit my stock shifter, even though that's the car it was "specified" for. She got it a bit in advance of our anniversary and it exceeded the return window when it was gifted to me. This aggravates me. I won't be giving UPR any future business.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice knob! Lol but seriously that looks killer
Lol

Def looks good! I got one in black w/ gb lettering but want to get a new one in reverse colors b/c the gb really stands out. Wasnt sure about the 5.0 text but it looks good in your pics, so now I think Ill go with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol

Def looks good! I got one in black w/ gb lettering but want to get a new one in reverse colors b/c the gb really stands out. Wasnt sure about the 5.0 text but it looks good in your pics, so now I think Ill go with it.
You won't regret it!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts