Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the topic says. best time was a 14.49 at i think 95 mph. couldn't get much traction 60 foot times were terrible. How is this time for a pretty much stock gt?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
best a jackass in a new trans am. he ran a 15.01 or somthing. not to sure. he must have not known have to drive it. cause i thought i was going to get my ass kicked. Raced a guy in a 2003 5 sp gt with 4:10 gears, al ds, and diablo chip several times. still have to get us to the traction on the car. need some drag radials bad.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i'm not being critical in a negative way, but that is a quite slow time for a stock 99+. a good driver can go 13's completely stock. i have a feeling your 60's were in the 2.3-2.4 range and your shifts were not optimal to be getting that time.

go ahead and post your slip and we can tell you more.

remember that mods won't make you as quick as "sinking" several more track visits will! my first time at the track i got lucky and ran one good time of 15.7, but before i was in the low 16's. practice practice practice. :)

drag radials are alright compromises, but if you find yourself wanting and going to the track more and more, invest in some slicks. you'll drop several tenths for sure. ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there was a guy there and he had a 2001 gt and his fastest time was 13.95. he had a cai, flows, bbk o/r x pipe and nitto drag radials.

alot of my 60 foot times were 2.2's. went aren't very good because of no traction. and trust me my shifts are good. power shifted all the way.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i guess i forgot to tell everyone the conditions the night i went to the track. It was horrible. Where i live the wind is terrible. there was as 40 to 50 mph cross wind, and it was blowing dust all over the track, and the temp dropped pretty quickly. hopefully that is the reason my time was so bad.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for example. this is another car that was running the same night.

2000 ss #5843 SPEC Stage 3, free ram air, TSP carbon fiber lid, Pro 5.0 shifter, Pacesetter Long Tubes and the TSP RUMBLER.

[email protected] best time. surely there faster then that. right.

·
Registered
941 Posts
practice pratice practice and good track conditions = good times, don't let it bring you down, you'll do better next time for sure. the first couple times are always not so great and can be scary.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well down here the elavatoin sucks. don't nkow what it is. but i have heard it kills your times.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
track conditions didn't help either.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
thats nto to bad get the 60ft time down and you will be where you should probably (what were the 60ft times and trap? ) you should be 14.0~. I went from a 10.2(15.4~) to a 9.7(14.8~) with just a little practice and a nice day

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SpectorV said:
thats nto to bad get the 60ft time down and you will be where you should probably (what were the 60ft times and trap? ) you should be 14.0~. I went from a 10.2(15.4~) to a 9.7(14.8~) with just a little practice and a nice day
60 ft. was 2.2

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lubbock, TX

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couldn't get my g/f scanner to work. so i'll just type all the ****.

R/T ... .854
60' ... 2.227
330 ... 6.151
1/8 ... 9.380
mph ... 76.49
1000 ... 12.153
1/4 ... 14.494
mph ... 96.31

·
Registered
941 Posts
your mph is definitely on the low side as was stated above, if you have a cheap dynoday out there, i'd recommend going and seeing if you dyno low too. are you sure your intake spacer is absolutely flush? spacers must be perfect to get anything from them. a small 1mm obtrusion into the plenum/runners could leave you with less power. same goes with porting and gasket matching upper and lowers.

edit - what rpm are you shifting at, a friend of mine that has a 99/00 gt shifts at 5600. you may want to make some gt friends that can better help you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts