Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I know this has probably been covered but I've been having way to much trouble with this. I just moved to Alexandria, VA/DC area and I'm trying to find tracks (not interested in drag strips) I can take my car to ('13 GT). All I have been able to find are memberships to a couple tracks that are crazy expensive. I don't want a membership cause I wont be doing it a ton and I don't have hundreds of dollars to just throw at it.

Does anyone know of a track or events that don't cost a lot? I just want to take my car out every now and then to enjoy its performance and some corners.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I can't help you with finding any affordable track days in your area, but have you ever done any autocross events?
It is a fun and relatively inexpensive alternative to a track day, and you can typically attend an entire season of autocross events for the cost of a couple of days on a race track
And it is a great place to meet other enthusiasts who will know about the most economical methods for enjoying days at the track.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Just Google Northern Virginia autocross.

You'll have a great time!
It is a good way to learn to drive your car at it's limits in a relatively safe environment. That way, when you do get a day at the track, you can make the most of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You have 2 tracks with 1 1/2 hours away, Summit Point and Dominion Raceway. Both do high speed driving. Go to their calendars and you will find event coordinators to contact. Also, several autocross organizations in areas. Largest SCCA ar Fedex Field.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry for the late response, but plus one on Dominion and Summit Point. If you are willing to take a little drive, you also have New Jersey Motorsport Park and the amazing VIR. Take a peek at NASA MA and NASA NE for easy events (I instruct for both), and I hear good things about TrackDaze.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have 2 tracks with 1 1/2 hours away, Summit Point and Dominion Raceway. Both do high speed driving. Go to their calendars and you will find event coordinators to contact. Also, several autocross organizations in areas. Largest SCCA ar Fedex Field.
Plus 2 on Summit Point and Dominion Raceway. I drove a 911 GT3 for one of those exotic race experiences at Summit Point (gift from the wife) and also attended part of an American Endurance Racing (AER) series event there. Awesome track.

My wife and I also recently did a "track attack" day at Dominion Raceway. We had an awesome time and are definitely planning to do some "track cross" and eventually HPDE events at Dominion. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts