Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help me, my car is in some really TLC. last week my car was drity b/c it had been raining alot and i could not clean it, and one day after school my sis wanted to give me a text book and she rolled it across my roof and it left scratchs every where. but they are pretty fine, does any one know how i can get tem out w/o painting it?

·
Banned
321 Posts
I would try to avoid color sanding "wet sanding" if you can, and use that as your last step. I cant see your car and tell how deep the scratches are, but I would start out bye using a "Dual Action Polisher". A Dual Action Polisher can be used to the novice, it wont burn through the paint like a Circular Polisher will. If you can find someone with either one of those, I would start there. As a novice... I wouldnt use the Circular Polisher without some practive first.

You will need a good cutting compound: "Meguiar's No. 9 Swirl Remover" or "3M Perfect-It Swirl Remover" may do the trick, there are finer cutting compounds out there if not.

If you cant find any of these things, you might have to take your car some place that can buff out your car for you, not sure how much they will charge for just the top of you car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts