Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after almost 2 weeks on jackstands, i finally was able to finish installing my car's new rear end. (i misused two lower control arm bolts and so i had to get a new set... THANKS goes to Suprman!!!)

anyway, i put the stock 7.5 back in w/ the open differential, and 2.73 gears. i swapped an 8.8 w/ 4.10s to someone on 3.8mustang.

the car feels kinda different. it may be my conveter still in there, that is making it seem faster than it should be. also, i cant tell if my speedo is correct (yes, i swapped out the speedogears while i was putting both rears in) and when i floor it, my whole car kinda jerks forward and to the left a bit. darn 1-wheel-drive. too much power going to that one wheel only and it feels as if when my shift kit kicks in, it moves the car to the left some

need a bit more driving on it to see if the speedo reading is accurate again or not, but hopefully it is.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually not much. its weird cause the converter is taking over the lower end. i mean i can feel a difference, but it still shifts all with one wheel. so that takes some getting used to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts