Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Horse (That's the name of my car) was back this past weekend, raced him and it felt good. I got the 3 runs in the first heat in, then comming off the track my gauges all spiked, then dropped to 0 and the odometer read
- - - - - - -
Then the car died. After a few seconds I started it back up and it seemed ok.

I worked the track during the second heat and came back to my car for my last heat of racing. 2 more runs. I got the car in line to stage and it died again, so I figured since the gauges were freaking out it must be the computer chip I just installed. Rose, my fiancee told the timeing people what happened and they bumped be to the end of the heat. So I had about 20 min. I acctually managed to tear the computer out, reseat the chip and get back in line in less time than that. I staged, started my run, hit the timing lights to start my lap time and the car died again. So I coasted it off, and yanked the chip and left it out. It idled like **** and wasn't very fast but I got my last run in. I ended up with 3rd place, which I don't think is too bad. The guy who was in third beat me on his last run. Before that I had him beat by 11 hundredths of a second. That's awefully close with lap times that were generally running between 52 and 58 seconds.

Turns out I hadn't gotten all the stuff of the connectors before installing my chip last friday, so now I think I've gotten that all worked out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's awesome. I keep looking down to make sure I'm in the right gear. It's like driving one gear lower than I usually do. I can acctually hill climb in 5th now. It's so cool. :D :good:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts