Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay whats up I'm new to the forums and in a couple months I'm planning to get my first car I'm just wondering which would be the best decision in this case?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
'10 V6 are purely for looks. They have the same identical performance/gas mileage as the '05-09. So, if you're willing to pay for the new body style and slight changes to the interior, fine. Otherwise, big waste of money.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Supermans_ghxst said:
I live in ny so getting a gt there wont be no place to really open up and im looking for which has better mpg and pricing
Hey! Where in NY? And grab an 11+ V6 if you can. It's a completely different animal then previous V6's. As quick as the GT with great gas mileage.

·
Registered
526 Posts
This was my decision in the beginning of the year. 05'-09' GT vs. 11-12' 3.7L. The 10' 4.0L did not appeal to me because the two v6's are completely different cars. Yes the exterior is the same, but when you're buying a car you're not strictly buying it because of the physical looks. I put everything into the big picture, insurance, gas mileage, warranty, miles on the car, the length I planned on having it. Everything came into play when deciding my Mustang. In the end, the 11'/12' v6 won. Better mpgs, less on insurance, low miles, good warranty and just around the same price with the options. Yes the power off the line could be better, but who am I kidding? This is my DD and has more then enough power for my application. Besides, that's why American Muscle.com is around. :) Good luck with your decision, it should be fun!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah, the new V6 is one of the main reasons I got the new 'Stang. I need power to play with in my price range. I couldn't afford a new v8, but this thing isn't shabby at all.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I can't remember the first one I ever saw. The first one I tried to buy was a '99+ New Edge. Never could find one in my price range. I really liked the '05+ retro look. The '13 has a good blend of modern and retro, so I bit the bullet.

I've never been a fan of fox bodies. They're nice for what they are but have no aesthetic appeal to me. I'm a huge fan of the old Mustangs from '64-70. After that the styling seemed to go bleh. Mustang IIs are somewhere in the middle of me liking them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first one i saw was a couple years ago i was in a car and a 2007 shelby gt500 silver with red stripes passed us and right after a 2005 mustang gt yellow and black i fell in love with mustangs after seeing that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts