Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first car. A 1987 Mustang gt hatchback with factory t-tops and 111,000 miles on it. I have a few rookie questions that I would like to get answered. What oil should I be using? It has Vavoline 10 w-40 in it. I want to use the best for it. What filter? I'd also like to get you opinion on what upgrade you would do if you had around $300 to spend. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

The doors don't lock either. Nothing, the pins won't go down the buttons don't work or anything. The drivers door sags a little. It is an automatic too.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Convert to maf first that's what i would start with and advance your timing to about 13-14 degrees. I use royal purple with the knn filter.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

DerekJohnScott said:
So I bought my first car. A 1987 Mustang gt hatchback with factory t-tops and 111,000 miles on it. I have a few rookie questions that I would like to get answered. What oil should I be using? It has Vavoline 10 w-40 in it. I want to use the best for it. What filter? I'd also like to get you opinion on what upgrade you would do if you had around $300 to spend. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

The doors don't lock either. Nothing, the pins won't go down the buttons don't work or anything. The drivers door sags a little. It is an automatic too.
You can get door hinges for cheap and i would invest in a chilton for your car that way you can start diagnosing all your wiring issues also check the sticky threads tons of helpful info there as well

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I also have an 87 ttop fun car for sure :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
DerekJohnScott said:

With them miles and stock motor just go with pensoil 10-30, MAF conver, but that is more the $300, of you don't want to do that get new gears , 3.73 or 4.10s

·
Banned
422 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
With them miles and stock motor just go with pensoil 10-30, MAF conver, but that is more the $300, of you don't want to do that get new gears , 3.73 or 4.10s
I got my mass air computer, mass air sensor, intake pipe and k&n filter and wire harness for $225 on craigslist.

·
Banned
422 Posts
You dont need fuel injectors. As long as the maf sensor is for 19lb injectors. You would only need injectors if you currently have none, or are doing other mods that require larger than stock injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts