Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened. I got my first door ding. Being as careful as I can and parking out away from everyone when I can, it still happened. I'm pretty sure it happened at the airport where there is limited parking and very narrow spaces. I guess 30,000 in 9 months, something is bound to happen. Hopefully I will get over my depression in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Doo Ding, priceless. LOL

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
First mistake. Never park your car at the airport. If I know I'm going somewhere where there are a million jerks who don't give a f, I'll drive the other car. I.e Walmart, airport, hospital, mall ect.,,

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
dellito said:
Well it happened. I got my first door ding. Being as careful as I can and parking out away from everyone when I can, it still happened. I'm pretty sure it happened at the airport where there is limited parking and very narrow spaces. I guess 30,000 in 9 months, something is bound to happen. Hopefully I will get over my depression in a week or so.
Sucks :-o!! Pics? Where u from? I do PDR

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
Doo Ding, priceless. LOL
LOL. Fat fingers and not proof reading!

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

gtstyles2 said:
Sucks :-o!! Pics? Where u from? I do PDR
I'll try and get a pic but I don't think PDR will work since it is right on the body crease and right at the door opening. The paint doesn't appear to be broken tho. I'm in NW Ohio.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
dellito said:
LOL. Fat fingers and not proof reading!

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

I'll try and get a pic but I don't think PDR will work since it is right on the body crease and right at the door opening. The paint doesn't appear to be broken tho. I'm in NW Ohio.
I'm in Jersey, an experienced PDR tech can do body lines no problem, unless it was violently struck by a bat or kinked on an extreme edge... I impress myself at times at some dents I've taken out

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sucks, man. I went 4 years ding free with my last DD and then got one within 4 months on my new one the one time I parked where I shouldnt have. I hate dumb and/or careless people. Ive caused one ding in my life and that was due to a gust of wind on a slope and I left a long apology note with my info.

·
Registered
187 Posts
wheelman said:
Sucks, man. I went 4 years ding free with my last DD and then got one within 4 months on my new one the one time I parked where I shouldnt have. I hate dumb and/or careless people. Ive caused one ding in my life and that was due to a gust of wind on a slope and I left a long apology note with my info.
Nice man, we need more nice drivers like you.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I just had my car repainted a few months back & just doo dinged my door last week. :\ I feel the pain.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Guy at work dinged mine within the first two months of owning mine. He came in and owned up to it and said to let him know the cost and he'd pay for it. I was able to buff out the scratch and the dent wasnt very big.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Mikeyt03 said:
First mistake. Never park your car at the airport. If I know I'm going somewhere where there are a million jerks who don't give a f, I'll drive the other car. I.e Walmart, airport, hospital, mall ect.,,
Yep. It sucks not being able to drive your car all the time, but its worth it to avoid the damage that comes with being a dial driver/grocery getter, as well as fuel savings in most cases. I probably save $200-300 a month by using another car for commuting and grocery getting, that's a lot of mod money!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Yep. It sucks not being able to drive your car all the time, but its worth it to avoid the damage that comes with being a dial driver/grocery getter, as well as fuel savings in most cases. I probably save $200-300 a month by using another car for commuting and grocery getting, that's a lot of mod money!
Ugh. I need a early 90s Nissan truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts