Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i pull up to the stop and guess who comes next to me. one of my homies from hs. we used to have auto toghether and race in the parking lot all the time. so i say whats up and he goes new car? and i go yeah. he goes wanna race? i go yeah but its my first manual, go easy on the launch. he goes nah and revs it. he drives a 89 mustang 5.0, 5spd with dual exhaust and 3.73 gears(we installed them at class) so i revv my engine and let him know its turbo. he looks over, then nods. the light turns green. i get a crappy takeoff(first race takoff i might add) and he gets a good one. i spin them at 4,000rpm as im catching up to his rear fender. i shift into 2nd with a bang. approaching his door right when i hit full boost, he looks at me as i fly by him. i shut down in 3rd. we stop at the next light. he says holy **** its a gst. i go yeah you read the rear sticker huh? he goes sweet wait til i supercharge. then he cruised behind me the rest of the night. raced 2 civics, whooped them(no big deal) tried to get a mr2 turbo to race but could never get the chance(cops, traffic, stops) all in all a good night.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow I didn't realize those things were that fast!!
Nice kill

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
seems kinda slow for a fox 5.0

i see those things running low-mid 14s all day when im at the track (if not better)

good kill none the less though

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its pretty fast for a stock 4banger. id say i might be able to pull a 15.2. wait till some intake and exhaust gets slapped on and prolly a 14.something.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep pretty good. ive raced him before in the tbird and hes whooped me cause of his gears and intake crap. but that was with my pos tranny that took 2 seconds to shift. but hes good at not chirping into 2nd, which is hard to do with a V8. if it wasnt for traffic i wouldve taken it all the way to 4th gear and seen what the eclipse could do, but i decided to go easy on her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts