Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Airaid cold air intake which you can switch out with the stock one when you go to the dealer... You do not need a tune with it I spoke with the bama guys...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Axel backs, or if ur dealer is cool do cat-back exhaust, also change ur tires it will help you grip way better

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I have Eleanor quarter window louvers, 25% tint, a black fuel door from Americanmuscle, blacked out my side markers, and a third brake light decal that says mustang. There are a few other appearance mods I want to do such as rear window louvers, rtr front splitter, rear splitter, and Roush side skirt, but me thinking is if I get all my appearance mods, it's gonna look aggressive but still perform like a stock v6. So I put a halt on my appearance mods and now want to start doing performance mods without voiding the warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Axel backs, or if ur dealer is cool do cat-back exhaust, also change ur tires it will help you grip way better
I thought about borla s-type axlebacks and if my dealership is cool with me getting new headers and cat backs without voiding my warranty, I'd want to do that. As far as tires go, right now I have Pirelli a/s tires and the only problem I've had with grip was getting out of my driveway in the snow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Right now I have Eleanor quarter window louvers, 25% tint, a black fuel door from Americanmuscle, blacked out my side markers, and a third brake light decal that says mustang. There are a few other appearance mods I want to do such as rear window louvers, rtr front splitter, rear splitter, and Roush side skirt, but me thinking is if I get all my appearance mods, it's gonna look aggressive but still perform like a stock v6. So I put a halt on my appearance mods and now want to start doing performance mods without voiding the warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I thought about borla s-type axlebacks and if my dealership is cool with me getting new headers and cat backs without voiding my warranty, I'd want to do that. As far as tires go, right now I have Pirelli a/s tires and the only problem I've had with grip was getting out of my driveway in the snow.
Is funny coz i have the same problem, i have a 13 with extended warranty, as of now for performance i only done borla atak catback, i dont race or go to the drag strip i already got a speeding ticked, so for me performance is not a biggie, on the other had appearance is were is at for me, im actually going to order a body kit for the stang to go along with my other mods.
Eventually i will touch the engine but not for now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't plan on doing a lot of speeding either but I know I'm going to end up getting a tune sometime (ghost cam tune that is) and I want some performance upgrades in my car that once I put that tune in it will definitely make my v6 come alive

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't plan on doing a lot of speeding either but I know I'm going to end up getting a tune sometime (ghost cam tune that is) and I want some performance upgrades in my car that once I put that tune in it will definitely make my v6 come alive
Good luck with that just make sure u always consult with ur dealer first. U can get away with a CAI as u can always go back to stock in case u need to go to the dealer, but a tune will void ur warranty and will stay in us stangs memory

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Good luck with that just make sure u always consult with ur dealer first. U can get away with a CAI as u can always go back to stock in case u need to go to the dealer, but a tune will void ur warranty and will stay in us stangs memory
Buhahaha I am my warranty. I consult my brain first and bank account second.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I wish I was my own warranty too...but this is my only car and don't want to mess it up somehow
It's my first car I've bought myself. I've already hit my fathers truck on vacation and backed into a closed garage door. How bout you lol but forreal I can relate. That's why I'm just now saving up for axle backs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's my first car I've bought myself. I've already hit my fathers truck on vacation and backed into a closed garage door. How bout you lol but forreal I can relate. That's why I'm just now saving up for axle backs.
I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Airaid I have it and love it and will vouch for it bro!
How is the Airaid compared to BBK, Roush, JLT, and C&L besides Price?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

My dad was with me on vacation lol right there on the pcb strip. I don't have the backup sensors. I have the the premium so I got the leather, shaker 500 and rims. I upgraded my headlights so I see the deer as they jump

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Roush looks the dead same as the airaid. Jut the sticker change. I'm going with airaid. I don't care if its a Gain or not. I want the throttle response and mpg. Plus it'll add some color to the dark and gloomy engine bay

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True and that's why I was going to choose the BBK chrome CAI so that it could brighten the engine bay, but it looks like for less price I can get the Airaid one and get a few more horses and torque. Plus it'll look way better then the stock one.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
True and that's why I was going to choose the BBK chrome CAI so that it could brighten the engine bay, but it looks like for less price I can get the Airaid one and get a few more horses and torque. Plus it'll look way better then the stock one.
The chrome would look cheesy to me. They look like a ricer thing in chrome. Plus they would get hotter being metal and also keeping that thing clean

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal. :)
Makes sense for chrome to hold in heat. Checked out JLT and $300 for a caI painted gotta have it green for 10-13 rwhp gain with no tune? Hmmm

1 - 20 of 28 Posts