Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Bone Stock 2013 5.0 Auto , only put in octane booster & Ran a 13.60 @ 106 mph. I was pleased with this. I did spin a little so there is more there. Next week I have a CAI & Bama Tuner coming. Hoping for 13.30-40's & 110 mph next trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Wait what?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Took my Bone Stock 2013 5.0 Auto , only put in octane booster & Ran a 13.60 @ 106 mph. I was pleased with this. I did spin a little so there is more there. Next week I have a CAI & Bama Tuner coming. Hoping for 13.30-40's & 110 mph next trip.
Smart and good to get a benchmark for the 13's. Just picked my 13' up last month, but it's a MT. Good luck and happy modding.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
PLENTY more time in it. keep at it. Octane booster by the way does aboslutley, positivley, NOTHING for you. At all. Whatsoever. hehe

·
Registered
803 Posts
yea, you can pretty much throw that 60' out lol... not too shabby, what tires were you on? Stock I assume. work on getting traction off the line and into 2nd. lower launch RPM, lower tire pressure, and a better burnout will all help you hook up. My 3.7 has ran 13.400 on the stock tires, it puts up a good fight with the new 5.0 but a good driver can beat me. I have big traction issues going into second gear so im working in getting tires and LCA's.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
yea, you can pretty much throw that 60' out lol... not too shabby, what tires were you on? Stock I assume. work on getting traction off the line and into 2nd. lower launch RPM, lower tire pressure, and a better burnout will all help you hook up. My 3.7 has ran 13.400 on the stock tires, it puts up a good fight with the new 5.0 but a good driver can beat me. I have big traction issues going into second gear so im working in getting tires and LCA's.
Lowering tire pressure on a street tire often yields worst results. Heating them up as well.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,866 Posts
That's awesome for your first time at the track! Getting into the 13's is the first step, now it's time to get you into the 12s :). CAI & Bama tune and a Tire, you're headed for the mid-high 12's pretty easily!

Keep up the great work and remember to have fun! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That's awesome for your first time at the track! Getting into the 13's is the first step, now it's time to get you into the 12s :). CAI & Bama tune and a Tire, you're headed for the mid-high 12's pretty easily!

Keep up the great work and remember to have fun! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Salesman to the end hehe. His car can do a 12 as it stands. But he should definitely jump on some bama tunes! Great products.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Salesman to the end hehe. His car can do a 12 as it stands. But he should definitely jump on some bama tunes! Great products.
Haha, just what I was thinking. But I agree, CAI and a Bama tune and you'll be in the 12's easily.

·
Registered
149 Posts
was thinking the same thing... just needs practice and he should run 12's easily... as long as he gets it to hook off the line hes all good from there :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

-Dan
Thanks Dan , I've got my tuner headed this way, and my man @ Discount Tire & he's got a deal on some 275 Nittos for me. Looks like rain here this weekend though :( lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm going to the track this Friday night before they shut it down permanently :(

Hoping to run at least a mid 12! I've heard that the 5.0 is capable of 12's bone stock with a really good driver.. I've got a BAMA 91 tune, Steeda 100m intake, and a hurst short throw, with some 295 Nittos on the back..

What do you guys think I should run? If I can get it to hook, which is damn near impossible for me, ill probably have to roll it off the line lol any pointers would be appreciated too btw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

My Baby :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'm going to the track this Friday night before they shut it down permanently :(

Hoping to run at least a mid 12! I've heard that the 5.0 is capable of 12's bone stock with a really good driver.. I've got a BAMA 91 tune, Steeda 100m intake, and a hurst short throw, with some 295 Nittos on the back..

What do you guys think I should run? If I can get it to hook, which is damn near impossible for me, ill probably have to roll it off the line lol any pointers would be appreciated too btw

View attachment 97313

My Baby :)
12.5s if you can nail a 1.9X 60' foot.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
A few suspension mods would greatly improve your times, the S197 isn't known for its great "hooking" capabilities, at least not on stock suspension

·
Registered
803 Posts
A few suspension mods would greatly improve your times, the S197 isn't known for its great "hooking" capabilities, at least not on stock suspension
That's an understatement... The stock suspension won't be able to put the power down after just a few power mods. For the best times you really have to balance the 2... I put a bunch of $ into gears, drive shaft, tune ect... And now my biggest issue is putting the power down

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I pulled 1.88s before ANY suspension work. Well lowered but that would technically hurt weight transfer but yeah, Hard to nail low 60's on the stock flop

1 - 20 of 25 Posts