Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Pick-Up out last week and was just cruising around with one of my friends looking for something to do. It was 11pm so there wasn't many carss on the road and we see a bunch of headlights flying up on us and it was a mix of imports and domestics. So I follow along and finally hit a red light with a 93 Z28 and he laughs and makes some comment about never losing to anything with a bed.

I put the lever down into first and brake stall the truck to 2000rpm where the sweet spot is for launching. When the light turned green I stomped it and we both spun but once the truck hooked I stayed 3/4 car up until 90mph where we both shut down and he have a thumbs up.

I was extremely impressed with the truck. The headers, exhaust, K&N and thermostat really woke her up and made her pull a ton harder up top.
Not bad for a work truck :)

For anyone that doesn't know the truck is a 1990 454SS Silverado with a 7.4 TBI with a 3 speed auto and 4.10 gears from the factory.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Back when 454SS' were new I had a 1964 Chrysler 300K. I'd gone thru all the mechanicals and warmed it up.

I used to eat 454SS' up for lunch. Of course I doubt they were anything but stock.

Then I got married and SWMBO made me get rid of her competitor, the 300K. You can never beat a Redhead.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts