Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my new Mustang for about 3 months, and I got my first ticket....I have been driving for 6 years, and have never gotten a ticket, until I got a Mustang.....

The cop got me for going 82 in a 70. I thought it was a 75, but the cop still wrote me up.
I want to appeal it since I have heard that the cop won't show up most of the time and the ticket gets dismissed, but if the cop does show up, where does it go from there? Like I said this is my first ticket so I don't know what to do.

Any help or advice will be great! (I live in Texas)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm with you, just got pulled over for the first time ever in my cobra. Same as you, 82 in a 65. Pissed me off. I wouldn't even try and fight it man, You're chances of winning are very low. Guess there is nothing to do except pay the ticket and take traffic school... I haul a$$ everywhere anyway, guess it was only a matter of time before i got one.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
just go in...if they aren't there yay...if they are just claim you though you were cruising at 75 and ask for school since it's a first offense...honestly i hope i don't join you guys lol. i've been driving for 8 years with no tickets. i'd like to keep it that way

·
Registered
118 Posts
In ny state u can go to court plea not guilty and they will set u up on a pretrial meeting with the DA and tell them ur what happen and they will knock ur ticket down to something different it happen to me in july

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used to live in Texas(Harris county). Stick to your plan. It also helps to reset your court date a few times which increases the chance of a no show. If all else fails and he shows up as for deferred adjudication (basically its like parole for 90 days were you can't get "convicted" of another crime and charges get dropped. Or just lawyer up and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks for all the input guys! I will try to appeal it and hopefully the cop wont show up, or I will turn on the cuteness for the judge and maybe she will lower the charges ;)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
mrkrabz said:
Ok, thanks for all the input guys! I will try to appeal it and hopefully the cop wont show up, or I will turn on the cuteness for the judge and maybe she will lower the charges ;)
What if the judge is a guy

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not. When I was pulled over, the cop gave me a particular judge to see, unless its a guy with a girl name..

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I get speeding tickets all the time here in Las Vegas. I bring the ticket to my lawyer and pay him $50.00

He goes to court for me. I do not have traffic school, no points, the fine gets reduced and it does not go to my insurance company. :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get speeding tickets all the time here in Las Vegas. I bring the ticket to my lawyer and pay him $50.00

He goes to court for me. I do not have traffic school, no points, the fine gets reduced and it does not go to my insurance company. :)
How do you do that? How would I contact a lawyer to do that for me, that sounds great!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Also you have to realize if you plead not guilty and loose in court you will NOT be eligible for traffic school and will get the point(s)... And the fine...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
How do you do that? How would I contact a lawyer to do that for me, that sounds great!
Hey mrkrabz , I'm not sure where you live or if you have traffic ticket lawyers around your area.

This lawyer in Las Vegas I've been going to for six years his name is Craig P. Kenny. He use to do traffic tickets for free the first two years I was going to him. You would have to wait in line to get in, but now they charge $50.00

Any how, here's a link you can check it out.

Traffic Ticket Representation, Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Defense, North Las Vegas DUI Defense - Craig P. Kenny & Associates

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've only got one speeding ticket and it was a month after I got my 5.0. He got me at 85 in a 65.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've only got one speeding ticket and it was a month after I got my 5.0. He got me at 85 in a 65.
Heck....that's not bad at all:good:

My last ticket about a year ago was 78 in a 35 :D:D needless to say the motor bike cop was pissed :D:D:D:banana::banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
maldog said:

My last ticket about a year ago was 78 in a 35 :D:D needless to say the motor bike cop was pissed :D:D:D:banana::banana::banana:
How did not know you were going that fast? Haha

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

99ford said:
How did not know you were going that fast? Haha
Damn that made me laugh that's a good ticket!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Haha but if your gonna get one that's way to do it!

·
Registered
453 Posts
maldog said:

Wow! Thanks for making me feel better. Lol... Yea I can see why he was pissed. Lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so I found a ticket lawyer in my area, I will be calling him tomorrow or on Monday, he doesn't say on the website how much he charges, but I am assuming its less then the ticket or he would be out of business lol.

Thanks for all the feedback!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
mrkrabz said:
Ok, so I found a ticket lawyer in my area, I will be calling him tomorrow or on Monday, he doesn't say on the website how much he charges, but I am assuming its less then the ticket or he would be out of business lol.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Yeah if I ever get a ticket I'm going to call one! If you don't mind keeping us updated on how much, how smooth, etc, I'd appreciate it! Just curious. In case I run across a ticket!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts