Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to this site but need a few tips on Drag Racing. going to the track this saturday to see what this car can do in a straight line. been doing Auto X but i got called out today by a classmate (College) guy left dusted me off the line with a rebuilt 95 v6 manual. so story out the way any tips so i can get the jump on him this weekend.

if anything helps i got Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3s on stock 16s and eibach coil overs shocks and struts. and a few other suspension mods. and 181K miles on the engine and tranny.

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Roll up to the line, press the brake with your left foot and give it a little gas to load the torque converter. Usually around 2k is a good point, it should be before your wheels want to break loose. Then when it hits the last yellow hit the gas and let off the brake at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah the best way to launch in an auto it's stand on the brake and bring the rpms up to 1500 and sort of roll on the throttle. Also a tuner will do wonders for your car. I picked one up and dropped 9 tenths of a second with just the tuner

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i got it. brake and gas til the tires are bout to spin, and remove crap from trunk. i think i'll leave my seats in the back. gonna try to safely see which RPMs to rev to tomorrow and hopefully the white stang will be at the track like he said.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
He left you because he knows how to launch a manual, it'll be hard to beat that but you should have no trouble winning the race at the end, top end sucks in a singleport but low end it's just as good the the splitport motors

Drop tire pressure to around 25psi to let them bite a little more off the line

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
new to this site but need a few tips on Drag Racing. going to the track this saturday to see what this car can do in a straight line. been doing Auto X but i got called out today by a classmate (College) guy left dusted me off the line with a rebuilt 95 v6 manual. so story out the way any tips so i can get the jump on him this weekend.

if anything helps i got Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3s on stock 16s and eibach coil overs shocks and struts. and a few other suspension mods. and 181K miles on the engine and tranny.
Those "stock 16's are quite heavy".. But other than that you could do weight reduction like they said. Pull the back seat out. All you gotta do is press two little buttons in and pull up the seat. Make sure you've got tuned up. (Spark plugs, wires, coil pack, oil, filters all that good stuff.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Heavy compared to what?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
17.5 lbs each for the sixxers, the 17" gt rims are 16 lbs iirc, and the 15" sixxer wheels are 16 lbs

1 - 20 of 51 Posts