·
Registered
7,311 Posts
anyone wanna guess how it'll go? i'll say 10's just because it's the first trip

good luck op

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i remember my last 1/8th trip...best of 10.3 with my sixer. i like 1/4 mile runs, but the fun of 1/8th tracks around here at least mean on test and tune nights you get in alot of run quicker.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it was quite the bust. Broken wheel stud=no passes for my. My buddy on the other hand ran a 9.5 his 2nd or 3rd pass. 04gt auto with cai and tb, no tune. This was also his first time at the strip.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Yeah being an auto is nice in some situations...one being drag racing. Tell your buddy he needs a new Plenum so that tb will do something more then look new and shiny.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Well it was quite the bust. Broken wheel stud=no passes for my. My buddy on the other hand ran a 9.5 his 2nd or 3rd pass. 04gt auto with cai and tb, no tune. This was also his first time at the strip.
Tune is not the big deal its made out to be in regards to pre 2005 Mustangs.. Does it help? Of course... It's not like the newer cars that will barely run after a CAI w/o a tune.. I'd love to see his times w/ a tune added and nothing else.
Doesn't sound like a TB helps the cause either.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i new it was broke but i work like 10-11 hours a day and when i went in for wheel balancing at firestone the quoted me like 85 bucks. I was like ill just wait till i have time. But as for my buddys car i was just surprised it ran that for one of his first trips. I feel like it woulda been a lot better with a tune though to adjust the shift points and a little extra power.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It's always fun at my "local" track nothing like the smell of alcohol on the weekends haha first time I went out on this setup managed low 9's traction problems and factory gears blow

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's always fun at my "local" track nothing like the smell of alcohol on the weekends haha first time I went out on this setup managed low 9's traction problems and factory gears blow
Whats ur setup?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

85 to replace a stud...or am i reading that wrong
Thats right! I was told you have to pull the axle out to replace a wheel stud on the rear.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lol no...i had to replace all the studs in my '04 GT...just use an impact and pull them through the hub...go on youtube and watch a vid on how to do it....super easy

for example my friend snapped 2 studs a day before our track visit...i had him swing by my house after going to Advance to buy a couple studs ($1.99 each)..took me 30 mins beginning to end with my crappy impact

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
btw Davids setup is a stock v6 :shiftyeyes....ok not exactly a stock v6 but still it's not heavily modded.......ok it's heavily modded :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts