Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the 1/8th mile drag strip in mooresville by us and ran 5 times my best time being my first run at a 9.7... Couldn't believe that was my best time I was the most nervous on that pass haha

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Congrats on your first trips down a track. Still remember my first time like it was yesterday. Open track Wednesday night at Houston Raceway Park. I do my little burn out in my bone stock 94 cobra just to clean the tires. Then the nova in the left lane started and it scared the crap out of me. Lined up against an 8 second car! Did manage to regain my composure and run a 14.19 @ 99.67.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice I didn't even do the burnouts haha dad doesn't want to be buying me some new tires, and those fast cars are ridiculously loud...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Look at ur time sheets, your car has a lot more in it. One of the most important things is getting out of the hole. Figuring out how to launch so you can get those 60ft times down to the 2.0 range is going to pay HUGE dividends on the top end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That car should have better time than that. I had a bone stock 89 hatch gt, I was running 9.8s in the 1/8. Man those were the days... Haven't done that in years.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it should run better than that but I've never gone down a drag strip before in my life so this was all driver error with the times. Yeah I knew my launches where going to be bad haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's all in fun anyway to me. It's a blast isn't it, pushing your car to its limits and lighting those tires up and smelling the burnt rubber... Oh man I love it!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Gotta learn to drive it like you stole it. Side stepping the clutch, effective power shifting and knowing when to shift.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah.... I've not even been driving stick for a year so its gonna be a bit before I get better at driving lol the stage 2 clutch in my car is the hard thing for me to get used to haha

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thing to remember about our obsession is that you can't be afraid to go all out. If you race, things are going to break sooner or later. I know from experience; 2 rearends (shattered differentials) and 2 transmissions. Have fun!

·
Registered
61 Posts
aegischief said:
Thing to remember about our obsession is that you can't be afraid to go all out. If you race, things are going to break sooner or later. I know from experience; 2 rearends (shattered differentials) and 2 transmissions. Have fun!
+1

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's about a 14.5 quarter if you use the rule of thumb to take half of your 1/8th mi time and add it to your 1/8mi time. The best way to improve your 60ft time is to not just side step the clutch on street tires but rather let it out quickly and smoothly so you don't shock the tires while coming into the throttle. It's easier to understand in person but it works.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get what your saying and I'm definitely going to best my times from last Sunday this Sunday even if it takes all day lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's what I like to hear!! Good Luck! I wish my local track was still running they are done for the year. I have to wait till spring to run my new motor I built. I need to get it tuned anyway lol. Again good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wasn't going to even run at first but my dad had already paid for me to go so I was like what the hell might as well get the money worth haha so glad I went turned out to be really fun. This time I have my friend with his 300zx going and another guy coming with a 600hp Twin Turbo 300zx so its going to pretty sweet :headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I wanted to go back so bad but that was their last day of the season till February :(

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
MC770 said:
I went to the 1/8th mile drag strip in mooresville by us and ran 5 times my best time being my first run at a 9.7... Couldn't believe that was my best time I was the most nervous on that pass haha
What's your mod list? Are you auto or 5spd.
My first 95 was 9.6-97 stock. I got down to 9.0's with a best 8.83, has a 1.66 60ft on that run.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 302 bored out to 306, lunati cam, canfield heads, longtube headers, deleted a/c, CAI, and trick flow upper and lower intake

And its a 5spd with a pro 5.0 shifter and a stage 2 clutch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts