Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out driving this evening and my heel toes where better than my previous drives, although everytime that i take a turn i seem to get loose in the back end.

Also I was driving to work and turning left onto a main street, and i fish tailed and corrected it although it took me both lanes.

Just want to know what the reasons why or anything that i can do to help from that happening.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
sounds like you are either on the gas too much when turning, or have bald tires. Do you have a t-lok by chance?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep mineralgrey knows, I think that it may be that i am on the accelerator to much or sometimes my breaking isnt hard enough before the turn and i have to brake during which messes it up.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
mustangs are most always loose, haha.

probably just trying to give it more gas than our cars can handle in a turn stock (or 99% stock)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya, check you rear tires, and lay off the gas and a t-lok will help ya a little too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if he has a 99+ ford didn't include a rear sway bar, I think.

best advice i can give ya is lay off the gas going in the turn (applying brakes & cutch as needed) and only power up when coming out of the turn. maybe thats what ur doing, powering up to soon:shrug:

·
Registered
19 Posts
ford did it because they felt the average drivers skill was below what they believed was capable of handeling the mustang, so there engineers told them that if they deleted the rear sway bar on the v-6's then the drivers would be safer. some how that was suposed to make the car eiser to handle.
I have a site that details our suspention, and describes funtion of the suspention components. Ill see if I can find it.
Ohh noes, i seem to have deleted it:nonono:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
umm well, first off, if you are fishin out of a turn SLOW THE HECK DOWN>> U have no need to carry that much speed into a turn on a city road, if you really want to learn how to drive, inlist ina driving school or even talk to a company with a big lot, rent some cones and set up a course. like wize, a t-lok will help, new tires, and learn how to drive. just FYI, the more you fish or take turns really sharp or slid, u will be buyin new tires every week. be safe man, glad you are learning, but dont go doing it down main street.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
umm well, first off, if you are fishin out of a turn SLOW THE HECK DOWN>> U have no need to carry that much speed into a turn on a city road, if you really want to learn how to drive, inlist ina driving school or even talk to a company with a big lot, rent some cones and set up a course. like wize, a t-lok will help, new tires, and learn how to drive. just FYI, the more you fish or take turns really sharp or slid, u will be buyin new tires every week. be safe man, glad you are learning, but dont go doing it down main street.
lol, do you know where I can rent some cones?

I think I could find enough cones or borrow them, or heck, even buy them for a few bucks, haha. :D

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I was making a joke, not sure if you picked up on that.

My friend got arrested for "stealing" cones in his car from a construction zone. And he wasn't even stealing them, just knocking them over in his car.

·
Registered
941 Posts
what tires do you have and on what wheels? the stock goodyear eagle GA's are perhaps the worst tires i've seen come stock on any car... including my ex's saturn, and my mom's camry. i had major rain issues with those tires and promptly replaced them with a tad wider tire from the HP series. dry and rain traction became tolerable.

austin

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you cant hold crap in the turns with the stock POS tires... get some wheels and tires and you will be amazed at the difference it makes. rim set up and tires can make/break a corner carver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts