Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights clear coat is beginning to crack off and I was wondering if there is any way I can fix it for the time being until I buy new ones. Should I sand them down and put clear coat on? Or is there even anything I can do?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Mine statred doing the same thing, I sanded mine an did a clear coat and smoked them a little.
But they won't look that great I bought a new pair for $65 off amazon.com.
1st pic is old ones after a sanded and smoked them 2nd is the new ones I paid $65 for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you do anything after you sanded it down and clear coated? i haven't experimented much with paint other than my CAI

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
did you do anything after you sanded it down and clear coated? i haven't experimented much with paint other than my CAI
I sanded the clear coat off them I put VHT taillight paint on it to make them blacked out then put clear on them. If you don't want them back just sand and clear coat.
But I would just save up and buy some knew ones they came out alright but up close you could see they were sanded down

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
to hold you over wet sand them down then buff them out with polishing compound...a 3m kit will have all the grits you need and compound btw....but besides that it'll only get worse...microcracks are never far behind the clear peeling...

·
Registered
360 Posts
yeah mine are doing the same thing. Me and painting dont go to well together so ill probably get some smoked ones online

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I should have asked for Christmas!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts