Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you know, i had a rotten out section of brake line in the rear, i was waiting for my dad to pick up a double flair tool, but since he wanted snap-on, he had to get access to a snap-on truck, and he had no direct way to get to a truck, so he tried to go through a heavily unreliable friend

today, i just said fugg it, went out and picked up a compression union, spliced in a new section of brake line

as much as i hate compression fittings, theyre rather unreliable and are sometimes leaky, it ended up working great for me, no leaks, good brake pressure, and it was easy to use

i dont recommend using one as a permanent fix (once i get the tools, im going to use a proper fix), but in a pinch, it definatly does the job

·
Registered
11 Posts
DON'T DRIVE THAT CAR!!!!!!!! you cant ever under any circumstances use compression fittings for brakes.....just get stainless steel brake lines they only require a standard flare because they are stronger then steel. the compression fittings say right on the package ""DO NOT USE FOR BRAKE LINES" :eek: :disgust: :disgust:

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Tbird232ci said:
i dont recommend using one as a permanent fix (once i get the tools, im going to use a proper fix), but in a pinch, it definatly does the job

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FakeSaleen said:
DON'T DRIVE THAT CAR!!!!!!!! you cant ever under any circumstances use compression fittings for brakes.....just get stainless steel brake lines they only require a standard flare because they are stronger then steel. the compression fittings say right on the package ""DO NOT USE FOR BRAKE LINES" :eek: :disgust: :disgust:
Dude, this thread is almost two years old.

And just to let you know, the car is fine, the brake line is holding up, and its parked waiting for more goodies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts