Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, front license plates are not required here in FL so I was going to pull off my front license plate cover. So, I went ahead and did that just to discover that Ford or the dealer used threaded bolts to screw straight into the plastic bumper. This left two jagged and ugly holes in the bumper... They look so bad that I just put the cover back on... Any ideas on how to get rid of those holes without a body shop?thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
rebeltx said:
So, front license plates are not required here in FL so I was going to pull off my front license plate cover. So, I went ahead and did that just to discover that Ford or the dealer used threaded bolts to screw straight into the plastic bumper. This left two jagged and ugly holes in the bumper... They look so bad that I just put the cover back on... Any ideas on how to get rid of those holes without a body shop?thanks in advance.
Bondo, sand paper, touch up paint.....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I may have just come up with a solution... Dig this.....

If you have pulled plastic parts off a car you have probably run into the the black plastic pins that you have to pry the center out of used to hold on panels. I'll try to find one and take a picture. If so then I was thinking that I could put one in each of the holes and call it done... it may look super cheesy but we will see, any other ideas are appreciated.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Charlie_santos said:
Bondo, sand paper, touch up paint.....
I have thought this as well. I just know how much real effort it takes to make it look good. Especially on a black car

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
rebeltx said:
I think I may have just come up with a solution... Dig this.....

If you have pulled plastic parts off a car you have probably run into the the black plastic pins that you have to pry the center out of used to hold on panels. I'll try to find one and take a picture. If so then I was thinking that I could put one in each of the holes and call it done... it may look super cheesy but we will see, any other ideas are appreciated.
They actually sell bumper plugs online that are color matched to our factory paint. I bought some plastic screws, screwed them in, cut off the end and sanded it down (taped off the area) and then painted it, looks pretty good for me until I buy a GT front bumper to replace my V6 one

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
You can carefully take a razor blade and clean up the edge. There's a company that makes color matched plugs you can install. They turn out very clean almost undetected. If I find out the name of the company I'll repost. But a google search should put you in the right direction. Good luck.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Thanks Tommy.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
rebeltx said:
Here's my 2 cents.
Get on the hwy, do about 40mph. Then, sharply turn the wheel into the guard rail. End result, new bumper, no holes. Lol, I'm jk.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You forgot the part where insurance bends me over the hood

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I'm gonna share what I did. I took off the plate, used a heat gun to make it kinda playable and used a stick to make it smoother. Used touch up paint and called it a day. Sure the hole is still there but it is smaller. Could also use plastic white plugs, sand them flat or whatever you need and paint them black or whatever the body color

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Whitelightning said:
I'm gonna share what I did. I took off the plate, used a heat gun to make it kinda playable and used a stick to make it smoother. Used touch up paint and called it a day. Sure the hole is still there but it is smaller. Could also use plastic white plugs, sand them flat or whatever you need and paint them black or whatever the body color
Pics or didn't happen lol Jk I actually want to see!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Which idea lol I used the gun on my bumper. I used the plugs for when I went spoiler less on my 02 for awhile. I can show you how both turn out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts