Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was backing up from my friends house, he had leukemia and it was only time I was able to see him so it was dark... as I was leaving I back up and hit mailbox tjat was too close to the street... didn't see it and did I got a dent on my rear right fender it scrach and everything bad looks ugly.... idk what to do and idk how much repairs will be or what.... f I feel like ****....

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was backing up from my friends house, he had leukemia and it was only time I was able to see him so it was dark... as I was leaving I back up and hit mailbox tjat was too close to the street... didn't see it and did I got a dent on my rear right fender it scrach and everything bad looks ugly.... idk what to do and idk how much repairs will be or what.... f I feel like ****....
Post a picture

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its too dark right now but I will tomorrow.... wondering what to do to ewpair it seems o need to replace the panel

·
Registered
617 Posts
Worse than this?? I've had two. Insurance covered the first. Second I paid for repairs. Sucks knowing you have 1500 in repairs that could have been mods. And I deff know the feeling. Sorry for you luck bro.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
That pic was a mailbox ??? WTF was it wrapped in a m-1 Abrams ?? LOL

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

OUCH , sorry

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like the maibox threw a grenade at ur car dude sorry

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It aint that bad lol thats not how mine looks. But it almost looks like a knife went though the side.. it was a metal mail box

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The mailbox dent the side and scratch it. For a good 15 inch would insurance cover it completely? ? Any advise its nothing like the guys pic but is the same side and same color lol but like its like someone scrach the side bad until the end and dent it it a good bit enough to notice and make me sick

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got hit by car doors twice. First time the passenger front wheel arch was dinged to hell. Second time the lower half of my drivers door was knocked in.
Maaco wanted $800 plus both times. I went to a local place & they charged me $400.
Most places will charge alot less then if you dont go the insurance route.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I had a 500 deductible but I got it fixed by the best in town. They charged the State Farm right under 6000. So it was a good deal in my book.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Only way to know is to take the Mustang to a body shop (or two) and get repair estimates. Based on your deductible, driving record, and previous claims, you can determine if you will want to make a claim for repairs. Some insurance companies have the "first accident forgiveness" deal, where your rates don't go up on a first claim.

Go get estimates first, then call and talk to your insurance agent.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Only way to know is to take the Mustang to a body shop (or two) and get repair estimates. Based on your deductible, driving record, and previous claims, you can determine if you will want to make a claim for repairs. Some insurance companies have the "first accedent forgiveness" deal, where your rates don't go up on a first claim.

Agreed.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only way to know is to take the Mustang to a body shop (or two) and get repair estimates. Based on your deductible, driving record, and previous claims, you can determine if you will want to make a claim for repairs. Some insurance companies have the "first accedent forgiveness" deal, where your rates don't go up on a first claim.

Thank you, weved had our insurance for years the car is in a plan with my parents and we've never had any claims of anything except for a windshield crack that I had on the mustang. Hopefully they wont charge a deductable?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a picture of it... rear passanger quarter panel damage only from what I can see... look at how clean everything else is wahh :'(

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 30 Posts