Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of adding true dual exhaust to my 04 and am pretty much set on an h pipe with some short tube headers.. But can't decide on either flowmaster 10s or 40s I've listened to both on YouTube and am leaning towards the 10s but I don't want them to sound like a law mower. Any suggestions

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Flowmaster 10 series sound nothing like a lawn mower

Here's mine with 10 series with o/r x-pipe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRbKI91wOM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

WhiteCobra94 said:
Flowmaster 10 series sound nothing like a lawn mower

Here's mine with 10 series with o/r x-pipe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRbKI91wOM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
You just have to watch 10 series are only 1 chambered mufflers and are for track use only, cops and bust you with them on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I've heard .. But ur car sounds sick.. Like I said I'm leaning towards the 10s but do they still give that deep sound the 40s do?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
Yes but to me the 10s make the x-pipes sound more rasper with h-pipes itll be a higher deeper tone sound
But I tell you what , off-road mid-pipes make your exhaust sound soooooo much better then high flow cats mid-pipes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I should stick with the h pipe ? And which conversion kit should I go with .? I don't want to keep the y pipe, I want true duals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect that's the one I was actually looking at.. Theresa's just so many I wasn't sure which one would give it the true duals and get rid of the x pipe but thanks for the help.. I'll post pics throughout the process of everything

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Don't remove the cats on your v6. They all sound like a dying animal at upper rpm's. Trust me, I had one

·
Registered
502 Posts
Disagree 100%. Stock cats suck. Either catless or if its to extreme for you then go high flows but either way stock cats suck

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
My setup was 94-98 shorties, pypes offroad x, then tried several different mufflers. Some sounded decent at idle and cruising around town, but they all sounded like a weedeater over 3500. Should have left the cats on that car

·
Registered
502 Posts
Should have went with a divorced or h pipe setup. The x pipe gives it that raspier (weed eater) tone. I've heard many many setups but the h pipe is my favorite. I had a bassanni x pipe with slp high flows and a set of 28 inch glass packs and it sounded decent. Above 3500 it sounded more like a race car then a weed eater but we all have our own opinions

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havnt bought anything yet but I plan to. I'm pretty much set on the h pipe.. I'd like long tube headers but I guess they won't fit

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 94 v6 convertible which is nice but don't like the fact the my convertible weighs my car down lol. But that's beside the fact that I have true duals. I have the Mac h-pipe with flow master 44's from American muscle. They sound great at low rpms in my op but you have to remember, a v8 sound cannot be made from a v6 end of story. It can be close though not saying it can't.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Robbie89 said:
I'm in the process of adding true dual exhaust to my 04 and am pretty much set on an h pipe with some short tube headers.. But can't decide on either flowmaster 10s or 40s I've listened to both on YouTube and am leaning towards the 10s but I don't want them to sound like a law mower. Any suggestions
I got mine yesterday with original flow 40's and I love it great sound for me

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have long tubes o/r x and flow master 40 thinking about switching to flow master 10s myself which is preferred the straight inlet/outlet or the offset inlet/outlet

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
go for a prochamber with no cats and flow 10 you won't be disappointed few guys run them and they soud great and that's my choice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts