Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I like the sound of flowmasters but not the power. I went from having no mufflers to having original 40s I could tell instantly it dropped. I'm not saying run no muffs cause with no muffs and no cats it's stupid loud. I'd run something like the SLP loudmouth 2. Not as hardcore as the 1s but sound amazing. Unless all out power isn't your concern lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the sound of flowmasters but not the power. I went from having no mufflers to having original 40s I could tell instantly it dropped. I'm not saying run no muffs cause with no muffs and no cats it's stupid loud. I'd run something like the SLP loudmouth 2. Not as hardcore as the 1s but sound amazing. Unless all out power isn't your concern lol
Thanks man yeah buy im not sure if i should use xpipes. does it add a good amount of power?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
I Run Mac Brand Mufflers, they have a time similar to that of FM's but it's unique and ppl tell me often they like it better then FM's.. Keep in mind I don't have a mod motor so yours will sound diff but there a bunch of great sounding mufflers out there and FM's are great but not the 'gold standard' anymore.. Adding a good mid pipe will help also..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Run Mac Brand Mufflers, they have a time similar to that of FM's but it's unique and ppl tell me often they like it better then FM's.. Keep in mind I don't have a mod motor so yours will sound diff but there a bunch of great sounding mufflers out there and FM's are great but not the 'gold standard' anymore.. Adding a good mid pipe will help also..
thanks man yeah im thinking of adding a super charger but as of now its just a 4.6 v8

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Yeah stock mid pipes. i have a stock 1996 mustang gt.
get an off road mid pipe if u want loud. just research on youtube and see whats ur taste in sound. i have off road x for my mid pipe with flowmaster 40's . i got cutouts behind my muffler so its really loud now but i think im gona switch to slp's sometime in the near future cuz i want a different sound in tone already

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had flowmaster 40s with x-pipe and changed to Magnaflow. And I will never go back to flow masters. You can tell the difference and I've read online they restrict your performance more ten help it. An it's such a common sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
get an off road mid pipe if u want loud. just research on youtube and see whats ur taste in sound. i have off road x for my mid pipe with flowmaster 40's . i got cutouts behind my muffler so its really loud now but i think im gona switch to slp's sometime in the near future cuz i want a different sound in tone already
I know that feeling. Mines just loud. It's not even aggressive really. Just loud... I need new stuff...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
crappy quality and ignore me at the end lol however this is my setup, o/r x pipe no cats at all to flowmaster dumps stock shorty headers for now. overall i love the drone sound on the highway, and the backfiring she does lol. to me it sounds still too soft and i want louder lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crappy quality and ignore me at the end lol however this is my setup, o/r x pipe no cats at all to flowmaster dumps stock shorty headers for now. overall i love the drone sound on the highway, and the backfiring she does lol. to me it sounds still too soft and i want louder lol
Yeah im gonna get xpipes with a cat lol ( so i pass inspection lol) but can u give me the link i didnt get to watch it. But yeah i want loud. Not obnoxiously loud but loud lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I cant watch it either on the mobile app but on computer it can. Weird lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Personally i want slps its like having open headers almost....just my style lol. However it depends on you really if u like low tones then h pipe is best sound. X pipe gives u that raspy sound at higher rpms but gives u better flow imo. Magnaflows sounds nice and low and sound good overall with o/r x pipe. Borla not too sure about them but for the price they are at im not that rich lol.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Also depends on how u want it. If u send it all the way back you will be heard however if u do dumped down like i did u may not like the drone while u drive and it personally sounds better dumped down. Its all about what u want. If anything search up dumped down exhaust on a stang and comparr it to piped exhaust so u get an idea. Youtibe does no justice for our cars sounds but will give u an idea

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Personally i want slps its like having open headers almost....just my style lol. However it depends on you really if u like low tones then h pipe is best sound. X pipe gives u that raspy sound at higher rpms but gives u better flow imo. Magnaflows sounds nice and low and sound good overall with o/r x pipe. Borla not too sure about them but for the price they are at im not that rich lol.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Also depends on how u want it. If u send it all the way back you will be heard however if u do dumped down like i did u may not like the drone while u drive and it personally sounds better dumped down. Its all about what u want. If anything search up dumped down exhaust on a stang and comparr it to piped exhaust so u get an idea. Youtibe does no justice for our cars sounds but will give u an idea
yeah for right now i plan on getting a slp loudmouth cat with cold air intake and then a super charger

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have had both flow masters and magna flows. The magna flows have a deeper and cleaner sound. The magna flow catbacks are all stainless with polished mufflers. Here is a small clip if mine Idling. I have ceramic hooker long tubes and h pipe
http://youtu.be/hDWBjNIFO_M

1 - 20 of 29 Posts