Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I've recently been posting on here about possibly getting my friend's 08 stock gt axelback exhaust put onto my 04 v6 with some new mufflers but the other day i took my car to a shop to get a quote and they told me they would put on the flowmaster 40 exhaust system with an x pipe and chrome tips all for $440!! Isn't that crazy! Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1slosix said:
No that's about right on a custom exhaust
i ment it as a good thing! i was surprised i thought it was going to be way more! That includes labor cost as well! it was cool seeing beneath my car for the first time as well lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Crowned1 said:
i ment it as a good thing! i was surprised i thought it was going to be way more! That includes labor cost as well! it was cool seeing beneath my car for the first time as well lol.
Yours was cheaper then mine I got flow 40's with no midpipe with chrome tips stainless for $500. And put a vid of ur exhaust when you get would love to hear it!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i don't think i've ever spent more then $300 for a custom exhaust with install...but location is everything

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ProudSixxer26 said:
Yours was cheaper then mine I got flow 40's with no midpipe with chrome tips stainless for $500. And put a vid of ur exhaust when you get would love to hear it!
you got it man! do you like having no mid pipe? is it louder? do you lose or gain power?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
you don't lose or gain any power with a midpipe..all it does is shift the power band. also yes divorced is louder then a mid piped setup. although some people like to change the tone with one. the combinations of mufflers and midpipes really keep things interesting

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1slosix said:
i don't think i've ever spent more then $300 for a custom exhaust with install...but location is everything
i called this other place and the guy wants $620 to do it. same exhaust and everything. i'd like to get a deep muscle car sound. what do you reccommend i go with? the h pipe?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
For the deepest of sound an h pipe or prochamber for the midpipe and flowmaster 44 mufflers. Btw a prochamber is quite expensive so keep that in mind

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1slosix said:
For the deepest of sound an h pipe or prochamber for the midpipe and flowmaster 44 mufflers. Btw a prochamber is quite expensive so keep that in mind
hmm here is exactly what i want maybe you can help me out and tell me what i need ha. I want it to be as loud as possible but have a deep muscle car sound too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking at getting a custom fabbed dual exhaust in the next few months. Probably going to go with an H pipe catback setup (darn WA emissions ha). Sounds like there are some pretty cheap but still decent quality shops in the Portland OR area. Looking to spend no more that $300 if possible. Would a divorced pipe setup be cheaper? Dont really care about the power, just want the sound and look of dual pipes coming out the back.

·
Registered
835 Posts
if your looking to just get the sound have a shop weld a single in dual out muffler to your Y-pipe and have two pipes coming out the back.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if your looking to just get the sound have a shop weld a single in dual out muffler to your Y-pipe and have two pipes coming out the back.
not worth it compared to true duals imo...big output difference sound wise. if he can afford two mufflers then i'd reccomend it :good:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts