Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two Magnaflow XL (stainless) mufflers on my car and they're... well.. pretty soft and quiet. I'm considering getting Flowmaster 40's... but only if the noise difference will be MUCH more noticable. I don't need opinions from people who own one or the other really.. but rather opinions from people who have heard the noise of the two mufflers and can provide an honest opinion over whether or not it is worth the expense and the time. If the difference is subtle, then I won't waste my time and cash. But if I'm going to be going "holy ****" because it's so much louder, then I'll invest $100 in getting two new mufflers and having them shipped... and lifting the car to weld some new ones on.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend has spintech's on his 6cil Fiero. But that's one loud ass car he has. I dont think I want mine to be that loud... but definatley beefier than my Magnaflows. What do you mean by dumps after the muffler? And I might consider the spintechs... except they're hard to find on eBay for a mustang.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Shahrum said:
Is this what I want? http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/842443.html

I've honestly forgotten what the offset was like on my Magnaflows... it's been nearly a year since I put those on.

Just get some MAC Flowpath they will be louder than the Magnaflows but will not drone like the flowmasters or get some Warlocks RGR really likes them so does Paul (Greenflash00).

·
Registered
386 Posts
I really want to hear Warlocks.
I like that uncapping feature.
When i had my flows dumped I liked how loud it was.
Thats basically the same deal when you uncap a warlock right? I've only seen pics of warlocks.

Anyway Shahrum when I say "dump" is after the muflers the exhaust system stops. No tailpipes.

Some people like it, some dont. It would be loud outside and inside the car though.

I enjoyed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts