Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the flowmaster american thunder as a gift and don't know if I want to keep them. I really was leaning towards the roush catbacks. Do you guys know if I'll be able to put the flowmaster system on and return it if I don't like it? Do they have any kind of return policy or unsatisfied customer policy? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I wouldn't install the flowmasters if you want to return them. Once they are used there not going to take them back

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys think it'll give me a deep throaty sound though? Everything I've seen on YouTube sounds too similar to stock.

·
Registered
197 Posts
mustangman5345 said:
Do you guys think it'll give me a deep throaty sound though? Everything I've seen on YouTube sounds too similar to stock.
It depends on what series the flow masters are. I'm assuming you have the American thunder series. If so, it's not going to be a huge change from the stock mufflers.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ya I have the American thunders and when I had just the axle backs it was a little louder and deeper over stock but not like a huge difference

·
Registered
22 Posts
Happy holidays to all well I have that same problem myself but for me it's which system should I go with I have the roush on my 08 right now but I don't think it's deep enough so my question is which do U all think is the better sounding exhaust roush or flow masters I was thinking of going with the 44 series

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I got the flowmaster american thunder as a gift and don't know if I want to keep them. I really was leaning towards the roush catbacks. Do you guys know if I'll be able to put the flowmaster system on and return it if I don't like it? Do they have any kind of return policy or unsatisfied customer policy? Thanks for the help.
I have the Flowmasters and they sound great I get loads of compliments on them

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

They are nothing like stock....The deep throaty sound you are seeking is definently there I think you will be happy with them. To me they sound more like the Mustang should sound....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have them. They are no where near stock. Honestly YouTube a lot of times sucks trying to hear exhaust sound. I have the American thunders I would say they're pretty nice. I've heard some other 07 mustang with Borlas on and mine sounds better IMO

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just so torn in between. I've never heard anything bad about the Roush CBs until now but I've heard from quite a few people that the american thunder axlebacks aren't going to give you that deep rumble or growl like the roushes. My '10 has a pretty growl to it now stock but I want something deeper and louder without sounding like I just have straight pipes. The YouTube videos do the Roush catbacks pretty good justice but not so much the flowmaster american thunder axlebacks...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would just tell you they both sound great. Personally, I think the flowmasters have a more classic sound. You can't go wrong either way dude.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've got the American thunder with O/R H and it screams. Try looking up videos of the Corsa extreme, and sss terminator mufflers

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had them on mine for about 2 years, theyre not bad for a daily driver because they dont drone inside the the vehicle, but i honestly pulled them off and im running stock exhaust with the axle back pulled off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts