Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my 2 chamber flowmaster exhaust for a little over a year now and they had a nice deep mellow sound to them as most flowmasters do, but starting about 3 or 4 months ago the right side still has the good deep sound but the left sounds like crap it has like a vibrating sorta sound comming out of it sounds totally different then the right side? Is there something wrong with my car or the exhaust burnt out on that side or what? Im clue less on this one?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I always hear about so many problems with flowmasters around my area, I don't know the answer to your question but hope you get it figured out and if it is the flowmasters take them off get some better pipes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i have no clue whats up with it? I wish i knew how to post a video on this thread and id post one so yall could hear it

·
Registered
200 Posts
Has it rotted out? I had them on my old 92 and they rotted out after a few years. Maybe a baffle has come loose?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i thought that they was burnt out dang they are practically new though

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Its just that one side the other side sounds fine

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've always ran single chambers on my vehicles..I had em on my silverado and the first thing I did when I got my stang was put them on her..and I've never experienced a problem with flowmaster but I do believe they have a lifetime warranty so I'd look into that!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thanks i didnt know they had lifetime warranty! I love the sound of flowmasters not to quier and not to loud just right to me, but ill definatly have to check into the warranty

·
Registered
32 Posts
03whitey said:
Okay thanks i didnt know they had lifetime warranty! I love the sound of flowmasters not to quier and not to loud just right to me, but ill definatly have to check into the warranty
Your welcome man, and yeah alot of people don't know that..and yeah I love the flowmaster rumble!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a big difference in sound between the 2 chambers and the 1 chamber? I thought about goin to 1 chamber but dont want my car to loud

·
Registered
32 Posts
03whitey said:
Is there a big difference in sound between the 2 chambers and the 1 chamber? I thought about goin to 1 chamber but dont want my car to loud
Yeah there's deffinantly a big difference in the tone and it's is loud but not that annoying too loud if that makes sense lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha ok i gotcha!! I was wanting 1 chambers but didn't know if it'd be annoying loud like the SLPS! You can hear them from a mile away lol to loud for me!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Slow2V said:
SLP or drive a honda
Nonsense.
SLP is nice, but it loses a large portion of the tone. Louder =/= better.
A catted or even catless H with chambered mufflers is a beautiful thing.
A 2v just doesn't move enough air to really pull off something like SLP and maintain a good tone.
SLPs sound great, just not really what I'd call wonderful.

Of course, that's my opinion and it comes from years of driving really loud cars. Sometimes it's a breath of fresh air to hear a muscle car, or even pony car, go by with a mellow exhaust note that only just hints at what's under the hood instead of roaring by at 4k rpm like they have something to prove.

That said, I cut the cats out of the stock H and run Stingers, so I don't exactly practice what I preach. :p

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
03whitey said:
Ive had my 2 chamber flowmaster exhaust for a little over a year now and they had a nice deep mellow sound to them as most flowmasters do, but starting about 3 or 4 months ago the right side still has the good deep sound but the left sounds like crap it has like a vibrating sorta sound comming out of it sounds totally different then the right side? Is there something wrong with my car or the exhaust burnt out on that side or what? Im clue less on this one?
Flowmasters are known for being spot welded on the inside!.. So over time the welds start to come apart and you get a rattling or vibrating sound!... I went through two sets of Flows on my Monte-Carlo and they both did the same thing after a a few years!...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea thats exactly what mine sounds like! Sounds like the inside of the muffler is loose or something if that makes sense?

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Eturner said:
Flowmasters are known for being spot welded on the inside!.. So over time the welds start to come apart and you get a rattling or vibrating sound!... I went through two sets of Flows on my Monte-Carlo and they both did the same thing after a a few years!...
thats weird. i have ran multiple sets of flows on many cars and never had that issue.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
03whitey said:
Haha ok i gotcha!! I was wanting 1 chambers but didn't know if it'd be annoying loud like the SLPS! You can hear them from a mile away lol to loud for me!
Go flowmaster super 10s
They sound like pure sex, and I drive a v6 :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts