Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Outlaw axle back kit, and I paired it with the CJ Pony Parts h pipe resonator delete. The video is not the best quality, but man it gets loud!

https://youtu.be/r4c3a7bvyLc

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
At the track today there was a car with those. God they sounded bad.

·
Premium Member
6,863 Posts
If that's the only two options, then get the Borlas.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I had the ataks on my last car, and didn't really care for it. But I loved the stinger mufflers. I was deciding between the outlaw and the roush single tip axle back, but after hearing them in person, I prefered the Outlaw. They have more of the old glass pack sound. If Paired with the stock resonator it's got a pretty unique tone, but I like it as loud as I can make it without going straight pipe, but that's definitely not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And there is no more drone with the outlaw kit than with any of the other exhaust setups I've heard.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had outlaws on mine, loved them. Hated them once I drove on the highway for like 20 minutes. Outlaws are known for their drone.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Gotcha Mlp07. I've got Borla ataks on my new edge, and they "drone" the same as the outlaws around 2K rpms. And its not alot IMO (but evertone is different), but that might he the h pipe that cuts down on the drone? It still grwols along for me on the highway. Now they haven't been on my coyote that long, but I've heard people say they quiet down after a "break in" period. Anyone else know this to he true?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gotcha Mlp07. I've got Borla ataks on my new edge, and they "drone" the same as the outlaws around 2K rpms. And its not alot IMO (but evertone is different), but that might he the h pipe that cuts down on the drone? It still grwols along for me on the highway. Now they haven't been on my coyote that long, but I've heard people say they quiet down after a "break in" period. Anyone else know this to he true?

When I got mine they were really loud. To me they did quiet down, but I keep thinking that I got used to them. Also they will still drone even if they "break in" as they are muffler deletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it could just be getting used to them. It's only been since Saturday I put them on, but I love it so far. I just try to be mindful of my neighbors lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Your neighbors will hate you lol, if you drive a lot on city you will be fine. Now if you drive a lot of highway, within time you will start to hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha one of my neighbors has a 14' GT C/S, and he wants to get the same setup for his car. Luckily I only live 15 mins from my work, but I DD my other Mustangs. This weekend I took the 15' out to my parents and some friends who live a little over an hour away from me. I didn't have any problems, I was afraid my wife would. She's way more sensitive to those kinds of things than me. But she was actually digging it. I like to think I'm rubbing off on her!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts