Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just ordered my exhaust. I was back and forth between the Roush and the FM for about 2 weeks now. I went to American Muscle and read all the reviews for both exhaust systems. After reading them all I pulled the trigger on the Flow Masters. I know you Roush guys are gonna dog me on this, but you just did't sell it to me like the Flow Master guys did in the reviews.
The man reason I chose the FM was review after review they bragged about how LOUD the FM are and all of the thumbs up they got driving around. I want my car to sound like a scary muscle car. I want to scare woman and small children when I drive by:lmao: and I think the FM's will do it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I actually went from Outlaws to Roush. They sound so flippin' nasty, but I was always so afraid that I was going to get a ticket with them. Mines a daily driver, so I felt a little more responsible going with Roush lol.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
Well, I just ordered my exhaust. I was back and forth between the Roush and the FM for about 2 weeks now. I went to American Muscle and read all the reviews for both exhaust systems. After reading them all I pulled the trigger on the Flow Masters. I know you Roush guys are gonna dog me on this, but you just did't sell it to me like the Flow Master guys did in the reviews.
The man reason I chose the FM was review after review they bragged about how LOUD the FM are and all of the thumbs up they got driving around. I want my car to sound like a scary muscle car. I want to scare woman and small children when I drive by:lmao: and I think the FM's will do it.
You're going to love that exhaust set up! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan

Reactions: BIGHOSS5.0

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually went from Outlaws to Roush. They sound so flippin' nasty, but I was always so afraid that I was going to get a ticket with them. Mines a daily driver, so I felt a little more responsible going with Roush lol.
I read several reviews about the Roush exhaust saying the same thing...Most of them complaining about a drone or it being to loud...I like it loud, I want to piss off all my neighbors:D When I read the FM Reviews there were severl that had switched from Roush to FM, so I guess it just depends on what you like. I know it is not as loud as my truck was. 6.7 Cummins with a 5" Turbo back exhaust... straight pipe all the way...That was loud. Mine is a daily driver too...until I can find me a little junk truck to buy.

I currently have outlaws with lethal off road pipes i have a YouTube vid

2011 mustang off road pipe - YouTube

There's also a couple more of it with bamacam on I love them!!!
That sounds nasty:good: I know the video doesn't do it justice. I will post up when I get them installed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I run the outlaws. They will mellow out - a small amount - after you've had them on for a while. It's still pretty loud. I get many compliments while sitting at lights from guys who wanna tell me how good it sounds and ask after the new 5.0

Thus far, no bad attention from the cops. I live in an apartment complex so I imagine I piss off my neighbors a little, but I try not to be an ******* about it by being louder on purpose. It's still damned loud on a coldstart though.

For me, the Roush was too raspy - I felt like it was too tinny of a noise for my exhaust. It did have less drone though. In comparison, the Outlaws are a full throated burble/roar, but you get that thrum at 2k rpms at 65mph that might bother some. I prefer it to my radio, but that's me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts