Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I still have my issue, and now I am starting to get more than slightly aggravated.

Headlights, and interior lights dim when the brake is pushed. Since Im doing a complete overhaul anyway I bought a brand new alternator, not a reman, new battery, new terminals, and even replaced my grounds. New bulbs, and checked all the light wiring. Also replaced all the fuses in the box. Had the alt and batt tested at ford after putting in the new stuff because sometimes there are issues, but everything checked out.

The multi meter is showing that everything is good, batt to alt, batt to block, batt to frame, alt to box, etc etc.

What else could I possibly be missing here?!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Check the two wires going to the brake light switch..its common for then to fry..or short

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the two wires going to the brake light switch..its common for then to fry..or short
Already did that, they look pristine. I guess I could just go buy another switch and see what that does. While im at it ill go ahead and pickup a new multifunction switch and replace that too. At some point something has got to fix it.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Im going to try and disconnect the brake lights and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Its not the brake switch but the box that connects the wires to the switch that goes bad. My last three mustangs all had that same box issue... i fixed it with some crimp ends. Ill post a pic when i get off work later

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, you posted them in another thread I did awhile ago. Evrything looked good. Nothing looks damaged at all. Ill head to the ford dealership and order that whole section and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, doesnt appear to do it with either or even both tail lights unplugged. I did leave the third tail hook up.

It would appear to be a draw issue, ill go test and post back.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, voltage does not drop below 14 volts, or at all when the brake is pressed, but I can watch the lights dim....this is getting stupid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts