Mustang Evolution Forum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok so I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire it. Here's what I'm looking at at the moment.

If someone could show me a pic or point me to the one I have to tap to that'd be great because I'm lost lol. So I just pull out the headlight plug in the 3rd picture and wire it to that?

Edit: Never mind, I think I figured it out. I was having a hard time figuring out where to thread the wire through and the inverter so it could be close to the plug to wire it. It just started raining though so I'll get back to it after it finishes or tomorrow.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok so I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire it. Here's what I'm looking at at the moment.

If someone could show me a pic or point me to the one I have to tap to that'd be great because I'm lost lol. So I just pull out the headlight plug in the 3rd picture and wire it to that?

Edit: Never mind, I think I figured it out. I was having a hard time figuring out where to thread the wire through and the inverter so it could be close to the plug to wire it. It just started raining though so I'll get back to it after it finishes or tomorrow.
Pic I posted is the plug that comes out of the headlight it's the big plug ones unplugged check It it should look like the one on the picture

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pic I posted is the plug that comes out of the headlight it's the big plug ones unplugged check It it should look like the one on the picture
Yep thanks. I tried to wire it today, but the halos didn't come on when I did. I must have wired them wrong or something. Going to take it to friends house tomorrow that has more experience wiring stuff.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Remember this is taping in to driving lights it will only be powered when tuning the car at night or if you manually turn your driving lights with the switch

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you hook it up and just turn the car on during day light they won't come on automatically at least mine is like that I have auto headlights

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you hook it up and just turn the car on during day light they won't come on automatically at least mine is like that I have auto headlights
Yeah I wired them and connected the plug back into the headlight and then turned on the lights, but the halos didn't turn on, but the headlights did. I think the wire taps weren't put on right or something, don't know.

How would I have the halos turn on while the Daytime Running Lights are on? I have the auto headlights as well. I'd like them to be on at all times as long as the lights are on or set to auto.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah I wired them and connected the plug back into the headlight and then turned on the lights, but the halos didn't turn on, but the headlights did. I think the wire taps weren't put on right or something, don't know.

How would I have the halos turn on while the Daytime Running Lights are on? I have the auto headlights as well. I'd like them to be on at all times as long as the lights are on or set to auto.
I tried that since I wanted to be on same time as the headlight led bars but no luck I was able to tap in to the wire that feeds the led drl but not sure how they actually work. after wiring it to the drl they would work during the day but at night they wouldn't come on so after a while playing with them decided to just tap in to driving lights and when ever I want them on during day just turn them on by the switch
The other downside about them hooked up to drl If I vas ever able to get them to work right was that one halo would turn off during the day along with the led bar when blinker on

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried that since I wanted to be on same time as the headlight led bars but no luck I was able to tap in to the wire that feeds the led drl but not sure how they actually work. after wiring it to the drl they would work during the day but at night they wouldn't come on so after a while playing with them decided to just tap in to driving lights and when ever I want them on during day just turn them on by the switch
The other downside about them hooked up to drl If I vas ever able to get them to work right was that one halo would turn off during the day along with the led bar when blinker on
Okay thanks. Guess I'll wire them the same as you did. What were the wires you tapped into? 4 (purple) and 14(black)? On mine, there was no purple wire on #4.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Okay thanks. Guess I'll wire them the same as you did. What were the wires you tapped into? 4 (purple) and 14(black)? On mine, there was no purple wire on #4.
Pic is on post 67 of this thread I tapped the black with gray line wire and the purple with white line as shown in pic I have a 2013 gt urs 13 also?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pic is on post 67 of this thread I tapped the black with gray line wire and the purple with white line as shown in pic I have a 2013 gt urs 13 also?
Oh okay thanks. Nah I have a 14 V6. I think I might have tapped into another wire which is why they didn't turn on or the taps didn't go all the way through, Not sure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh okay thanks. Nah I have a 14 V6. I think I might have tapped into another wire which is why they didn't turn on or the taps didn't go all the way through, Not sure.
Why not tap into the side markers? That's what I did. There on when door opens, headlights on, unlocking of car, headlights on etc

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah I did it and several other did as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just curious I have a 2012 v6 mustang and just did a gt conversion front bumper the other day and was curious for a stock gt grille with out having fog lights or anything just 2 open holes will it still fit on with no issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

81 - 100 of 121 Posts